Fridge eggs

mumofsix

Songster
5 Years
Feb 21, 2014
Appalachian
okay I'm going to let Polly sit.4 eggs will be fresh 2 will be stored in fridge 24 hours .to tell if the Fridge Eggs hatch I will use blue ee eggs.the others will be southern mix . Mom unknown
idunno.gif
Dad part EE and Naked -neck . I will start Polly on Morning of Feb 29 .

Hope you have a great hatch!

I pulled 4 eggs out of the fridge and put them in the incubator along side fresh eggs to see what would happen. I don't know how old they were. 2 ended up being clears, two hatched healthy chicks!

My last hatch of 2015, I had given my hen 3 eggs. All had been in the refrigerator. One for 3 days, one for 5 days, and one for 7 days. All three hatched. I got one rooster and 2 hens. The rooster came from the egg that was in the fridge for 3 days. And that was the one I had really, REALLY wanted to be a hen. Go figure. -_- lol

They're 6 months old now. One of the pullets has started laying already, and she's a Cochin bantam cross. I had another older Cochin bantam cross pullet that just started laying and shes almost 9 months. The cockerel started crowing about a month ago.

I have hatched eggs that were in the fridge for 3 weeks. Probably not a good idea, but there was room in the incubator

How many were there in total, and how many hatched? That's very interesting. I thought the eggs were almost completely unviable after a week and a half to two weeks..

How many were there in total, and how many hatched?  That's very interesting.  I thought the eggs were almost completely unviable after a week and a half to two weeks..

there were four, they were Easter Egger and 3 of them hatched. I have heard of people buying grocery store eggs that old at trader Joes that hatched too.

Back
Top Bottom