Fried and dried eggs!

CinnamonQueen12

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 20, 2011
When I woke up this morning, the temp in my incubator was 104 and the humidy was 29%. I don't know how long it was like that but I know it started after midnight! Does anyone know if this temp and humidity would have a big effect on the growing embryos? This is only the second day of incubation.

Well good luck! And another problem! Humidity went up to 70% for about half an hour. Is that super bad? I built this incubator out of a styrofoam incubator, sweater heater thermostat, and a led computer fan. I used a huge clunky accurite thermometer/hygrometer, but I'm not so sure how accurate those things are. Now I'm using an accurite thermometer with a probe and a reptile hygrometer. Can anyone suggest any brands of accurate thermometers/hygrometers?

The average humidity is what is important. If it drops too low for a day, that's okay, if it goes too high it's okay too.
An accurate temperature is much more critical than humidity at this point in the game.
I have three thermometers in with my eggs.

What brand of thermometers are you using, becuase I have one that I thought was accurate, but it turns out that its like 2 or 3 degrees off.

I had my incubator go up to 106* on about day 2. Today, it is day 15, and they are just fine. So I think you will be okay. Just keep an eye on the temperature and make sure it doesn't get that high again. Good Luck :D

Back
Top Bottom