'Friend' Rant...

LittleLady98

Crowing
8 Years
Hey, peeps... I hope your lives are more likable than mine is at the moment.-_-

I ticked off one of my "friends" because I said that she talked a lot (which is an understatement), and put her back in her place when she kept trying to hug me and put her arm around my shouldersand play with my hair.

I'm an Introvert, and her talkativeness and seeming inability to leave me with my thoughts is driving me insane!

She never shuts up. She never leaves me alone (I like to just sit quietly and think or read most of the time), and always thinks that she has to have a conversation going. I can't stand it when people people force me to be their "friend" and expect me to just pay attention to them no matter what. I need time to just think and I need silence. I can't survive with so much talking!

I keep telling her not to touch me because I don't like it, but she won't listen. I've never liked it when people I've known my whole life touch me, so I'm gonna end up hurting her if she keeps trying to touch me. I have my bubble (my personal space) and she keeps intruding. She always wants to play with my hair, or hug me, or loop her arm around mine. Not happening. I've only known her for, like, a week and a half. I don't quite trust her just yet, and I never will if she doesn't listen to me.

She's waaaayy too sensitive. I'm an honest person, and I say what I feel. I told her she talks a lot, and she got mad. I didn't care, so she got madder. THE WHOLE FRIGGING WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND HER!!! She's not a good "friend", if you ask me. I mean, shouldn't she listen to ME sometimes, and not just when she wants the answer to our math homework?

Rant over... Sorry. XD I haven't really been able to talk to someone about this, because most of my friends are friends with the girl...

Sounds like she's not a very good friend. There is nothing wrong with wanting silence and I think it is important to choose your friends wisely. Surround yourself with people you WANT to be around. It makes things a lot less stressful!

I would probably just distance myself from this girl. If she continues to pester you, you can tell her politely that you need some time to yourself and that it would be a good idea for the two of you to take a bit of a break from each other. I've never had to say that to anyone, luckily, but I have taken breaks from many friends over the years. I can't spend too much time with a person otherwise I start to get tired of them. Taking breaks from people have helped me keep friendships and also to realize that people who I thought were friends weren't really friends at all.

You can ask yourself what qualities this girl has that makes her a good friend and also what qualities makes a less than desirable friend. A lot of times we are friends with people because we think we have no choice, but really, life is too short to think that way! There will always be plenty of people to befriend, and often when one friend leaves the picture, another often comes along. Best of luck in your situation!

I feel for you LittleLady98. I used to know a woman who was a real 'motor mouth'. She didn't understand that sometimes silence is golden. I finally just had to eliminate her from my life.

Remember, life is like a game of Monopoly. No matter how much you win or acquire, when the game is over it all goes back into the box! Also remember this excerpt from the Desiderata:

Quote:

Hey, peeps... I hope your lives are more likable than mine is at the moment.-_-
I ticked off one of my "friends" because I said that she talked a lot (which is an understatement), and put her back in her place when she kept trying to hug me and put her arm around my shouldersand play with my hair.
I'm an Introvert, and her talkativeness and seeming inability to leave me with my thoughts is driving me insane!
She never shuts up. She never leaves me alone (I like to just sit quietly and think or read most of the time), and always thinks that she has to have a conversation going. I can't stand it when people people force me to be their "friend" and expect me to just pay attention to them no matter what. I need time to just think and I need silence. I can't survive with so much talking!
I keep telling her not to touch me because I don't like it, but she won't listen. I've never liked it when people I've known my whole life touch me, so I'm gonna end up hurting her if she keeps trying to touch me. I have my bubble (my personal space) and she keeps intruding. She always wants to play with my hair, or hug me, or loop her arm around mine. Not happening. I've only known her for, like, a week and a half. I don't quite trust her just yet, and I never will if she doesn't listen to me.
She's waaaayy too sensitive. I'm an honest person, and I say what I feel. I told her she talks a lot, and she got mad. I didn't care, so she got madder. THE WHOLE FRIGGING WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND HER!!! She's not a good "friend", if you ask me. I mean, shouldn't she listen to ME sometimes, and not just when she wants the answer to our math homework?
Rant over... Sorry. XD I haven't really been able to talk to someone about this, because most of my friends are friends with the girl...
LORD SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS IT THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH. I have the exact same issue, but guess what? It's not a girl. It's that annoying guy I told you about that said he liked me in homeroom!!!! HIM!!!! GAH I WANNA FREAKING SCREAM.

LORD SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS IT THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH. I have the exact same issue, but guess what? It's not a girl. It's that annoying guy I told you about that said he liked me in homeroom!!!! HIM!!!! GAH I WANNA FREAKING SCREAM.
hugs.gif
Well, I haven't the guy that I think likes me in about a week, so I have it a little easier... I hope the dude that likes you will leave you alone soon.
hugs.gif

You are clearly very young. When you are older you will know not to make a crisis out of a drama. More patience and tolerance I think is what is called for here.

I am not making this a "crisis". I was simply venting about the fact that the girl refuses to accept the fact that:

1) I honestly don't care if she's mad at me.
2) I don't like to talk for no reason, unlike herself. I need a specific reason to strike up a conversation, not just being bored.
3) I need personal space, and I don't allow many people to get close to me. Not even my family or closest friends are allowed to touch me.

She has been wearing down my patience already. I am usually extremely patient, but she tries my self-control... In the time that I've been alive, I have never lost patience with anyone. Just her. I was even patient with my enemies. I have never "snapped", yet I come close when I'm around her.

I'm not trying to sound rude, but as the saying goes...

Quote:

I am not making this a "crisis". I was simply venting about the fact that the girl refuses to accept the fact that:

1) I honestly don't care if she's mad at me.
2) I don't like to talk for no reason, unlike herself. I need a specific reason to strike up a conversation, not just being bored.
3) I need personal space, and I don't allow many people to get close to me. Not even my family or closest friends are allowed to touch me.

She has been wearing down my patience already. I am usually extremely patient, but she tries my self-control... In the time that I've been alive, I have never lost patience with anyone. Just her. I was even patient with my enemies. I have never "snapped", yet I come close when I'm around her.

I'm not trying to sound rude, but as the saying goes...

Don't judge me until you know me, don't underestimate me until you challenge me, and don't talk about me until you talk to me. You know my name, not my story.
X2 , minus the snapping part. I've done that several times. People in my school are highly ignorant. -_-

I'm dealing with a bunch of rumor crap right now, and I actually repeated that quote. XD

Back
Top Bottom