Friesian Fowl Q&A Discussion Thread

ahh wow, they look nice, do u have any more uptodate pics????, also any pictures of your older ones you showed in previous posts

Hey, here's a wee update on the Fresians. The babies are now about 3 weeks me you can start to see their colouring come in. It's also pretty obvious now that there's two boys and 4 girls, the boys have quite pronounced combs. They're very flighty skitterish things, but I think that's part of their breed.

The older boy I have is now a fully fledged cockerel, very showy has just found his crow and is bouncing on the backs of everything he can get near. He's quite beautiful, just hope he turns out to be a gent or I'll have to make arrangements for him as I have two young children. He ran at me today...I will keep an eye on that.

essentially friesians are barred but its called pencilling, I think its partly because barred breeds have barring on bot male and female, but pencilled have it only on female, like friesians, the males are solid colours.how have your friesians turned out?

essentially friesians are barred but its called pencilling, I think its partly because barred breeds have barring on bot male and female, but pencilled have it only on female, like friesians, the males are solid colours.how have your friesians turned out?

Unfortunately we had a power surge that cooked all of my eggs in the incubator. I plan to get some chicks soon though. These are incredibly difficult to find in the States.

Unfortunately we had a power surge that cooked all of my eggs in the incubator. I plan to get some chicks soon though. These are incredibly difficult to find in the States.
are you saying you found someone in the States that has them. i found someone in Kentucky, but i was wondering if this is the same person or someone else.

Back
Top Bottom