Frindizzle's Chat Thread

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Stretching is 'supposed' to help it... but I dunno, just seems to hurt.
hugs.gif

We get a real tree, and use it for firewood after Christmas so it doesn't go to waste. I know a lot of people hate killing trees, but a real tree makes it Christmas here. A fake one isn't the same. I love the smell the crushed needles make, love picking it out to take home and making sure it has plenty of water. The bottom few branches that are snipped off get turned into banister decor and cat tunnels (which she loves, by the way), and the fallen needles somehow get strewn around the house.
hide.gif
My take on it is that buying a real tree keeps the tree people in business every year, and I know new ones get planted where the old ones used to be. As long as we buy the trees, the land the trees are grown on stays a tree farm, instead of a supermarket or a housing complex. I can certainly see why using branches might solve that problem though- taking them off of live trees- but the branches usually come from 'ugly' Christmas trees of trees grown for wreaths.
Sorry. Didn't mean to write a four page essay. :)

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Stretching is 'supposed' to help it... but I dunno, just seems to hurt.
hugs.gif

We get a real tree, and use it for firewood after Christmas so it doesn't go to waste. I know a lot of people hate killing trees, but a real tree makes it Christmas here. A fake one isn't the same. I love the smell the crushed needles make, love picking it out to take home and making sure it has plenty of water. The bottom few branches that are snipped off get turned into banister decor and cat tunnels (which she loves, by the way), and the fallen needles somehow get strewn around the house.
hide.gif
My take on it is that buying a real tree keeps the tree people in business every year, and I know new ones get planted where the old ones used to be. As long as we buy the trees, the land the trees are grown on stays a tree farm, instead of a supermarket or a housing complex. I can certainly see why using branches might solve that problem though- taking them off of live trees- but the branches usually come from 'ugly' Christmas trees of trees grown for wreaths.
Sorry. Didn't mean to write a four page essay. :)
frow.gif
No, it's totally fine!

Very interesting about your opinion - I must say you have a strong argument. good ideas and everything.

Back
Top Bottom