Frizzles or Sizzles or Silke Frizzles?

Cori3

In the Brooder
Sep 22, 2015
Please help! I have 3 chickens and have no idea if they are frizzle sizzle or silkie frizzles. Can anyone identify these chickens? I have more picture if it would help identify them.

They look like frizzles to me
ya.gif

welcome-byc.gif

the rooster has some silkie blood, but he's a mixed breed bird. A sizzle is the frizzle gene mixed with silkie feathering. Your birds both have regular (non-silkied) feathers, so they're not sizzles. They're mixed breed frizzles.

Thank you for educating me. Bill (my rooster) does have a different looking comb.

Your birds appear to be early generation Sizzles, maybe even the product of the initial cross. Sizzles are supposed to have normal, hard feathers. Here are some of mine:
Frizzled Sizzles:

Smooth Sizzles:

Frizzled Silkies (aka Frilkies they're hard to tell apart from regular Silkies sometimes, they sort of look like they just got out of bed
lol.png
):

Regular Silkies:

Since all of yours are frizzled, you wouldn't want to breed them together. Swap your rooster out for a (not frizzled) Silkie rooster and you'll start getting Sizzles that look more like Silkies type wise and you'll get all 4 feather types, which is fun
smile.png

Last edited:
I have a couple of silkies. Like this one, would she be ok with my rooster?

Back
Top Bottom