frozen eggs

Quote:
I cook the frozen eggs for the girls. I add it to their warm porridge mix that includes, grain, fruit, etc. Different everyday but they love it!
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I think it would be okay to leave them out for an hour and then put them
in the frig. My girls are on their roost by 5:30 so I go out and gather the
last eggs then and lock them in for safety and warmth.

I am wondering this, too. I didn't collect eggs yesterday and it was below freezing all last night. This morning when I gathered the eggs, they seemed like they were frozen.

I was wondering that too so I looked it up. Here is what I found on the USDA web site. http://www.fsis.usda.gov/FactSheets/Focus_On_Freezing/index.asp#18

Frozen
Eggs
Shell eggs should not be frozen. If an egg accidentally freezes and the shell cracked during freezing, discard the egg. Keep an uncracked egg frozen until needed; then thaw in the refrigerator. It can be hard cooked successfully but other uses may be limited. That's because freezing causes the yolk to become thick and syrupy so it will not flow like an unfrozen yolk or blend very well with the egg white or other ingredients.

So I guess eat em if you got em.

My refrigerator has 1 'stupid' spot. lol It freezes anything that is placed in the 2 inches under the light bulb. Go figure, you would think it would be warmer there. Anyway, last month I cracked open some eggs that were frozen. I just let them thaw and fried them up. Taste fine to me and nobody got sick.

I was wondering the same thing. I gather eggs each day (morning and evening) but had two that were frozen and the shells cracked. So now I am wondering if all of the eggs yesterday were frozen. We had some cold temperatures at about 8F and wind making windchill about -15 F.

Back
Top Bottom