Frozen eye?

dandelionheart

Songster
9 Years
Sep 15, 2010
Lafayette, Indiana
We've been managing through these really cold temps just fine, no heat other than their water, and their body heat! Well... until today. Bronwen (an EE) came out of the hen house with both eyes closed, then opened one of them. She kept the other eye closed. I couldn't see any problem, infection, etc. Closed tight. They've been going out into the run even when it was really cold. I know *my* eyes get really watery when I'm out in the cold for a while, do you think it is frozen shut? I don't want to take her inside and reset the pecking order in this kind of weather either. The last thing they need with cabin fever is that.
tongue.png

Nobody has had this happen or advice? If it is still stuck later today, I plan on taking her in and squirting some saline on it... warm her up, then try to get her back out in the coop before nightfall...
D.gif

Nobody has had this happen or advice? If it is still stuck later today, I plan on taking her in and squirting some saline on it... warm her up, then try to get her back out in the coop before nightfall...
D.gif
Wipe her eye with a warm water cloth and check to see what the problem is.

Back
Top Bottom