FRUSTRATED! Circular saw question

ive looked at several and all are out of my price range but if your interested in getting your DH new tools eventually and you have to $ to spend you can get a good deal by buying them as a package deal. Usually you can get 3-4 tools and a discount in the long run.

you can check craigslist.com for used ones you might be able to find a cheaper one that way. Or ask around if anyone has one sitting in there garage.

Panasonic is the only way to go.

You may have to pay for it,you can find good deals on ebay, amazon, ect.

As a homeowner and a business user ,i have tried them all,Dewalt,B&D,Bosch,ect. they all are good but cannot last.

Only the Panasonic have lasted for weeks with no charge, and always out preformed all the other tool on the job.
Just my opinion.

BA

we have two cordless drills and let me tell you just how much I HATE them.
We were using a hand saw and a cordless "saws all" before my dh finally mentioned it to his mom and she brought us hers to borrow.
I plan on buying a corded power drill this weekend. Cordless just does not have the power unless you pay a good amount of money for a professional one. Which we have BTW we just cant find the charger:/

My 19.2 cordless craftsman drill is terrific for medium and small jobs. Like finishing an existing 20 by 12 building into a 12 by 14 chicken house. I do have an extra battery but darn if I could find it. I also have an electric craftsman chop saw and table saw. Boy do they come in handy around the house and price and quality wise are a good comprimise for the homeowner. I do have a Milwaukie electric drill that I love. AND always, always, always wear eye protection. I DID wear eye protection for 95 percent of my chicken house project and wouldn't you know I had a piece of wood fly up when I didn't have my safety glasses on and hit above and below and the very corner of my eye hard enough where I probablly could have used two stitches on my upper lid (boy does stuff like that bleed!) Anyway just a good shiner and lesson learned- Always wear eye protection- ALWAYs. They do you know good lying on the floor in the corner. Keystonepaul

Quote:
Agree, I would rather buy a good tool/item once in this case for about $200 rather than keep buying "cheap" $50 tools every other year.

Quote:
Not only that but batteries always lose their ability to hold a charge a little bit more every day, in use or sitting in the closet. Cords, well even if you cut them in half, they are easily repaired.

I buy Dewalt, most of the time I buy the medium duty ones. I also do my best to by as locally as possible. Dewalt is generally made in Mexico. B&D, Craftsman(power not hand), etc are now all made in China. Besides not being as local, I also prefer not to give my $ to Communist countries. I'd prefer to buy American, but have not yet seen any quality power tools that are American made anymore. Although buying used/good power tools at garage sales is a good way to do it, keeps the local economy going, etc. I got a decent Hitachi chop saw(made in China) just 1/4 mile down the road for only $50.

found a better blade in MILs barn for the electric saw. ahhhhhhhhhhh it was so nice to use. Only needed to cut one thing yesterday, but it was nice!

Personally why not invest in a small generator and then use the corded tools wherever? I've had a $200 generator from harborfreight for a little over 3 years now and it still is running strong.

Even with a great brand like Milwaukee, cordless tools with always need to have their batteries replaced because over time the batteries charge to power decreases the more it's used and there nothing more frustrating than charging a tool for 8 hours just to have it die halfway through a project because you can't tell how long it will last.

Harborfreight has a generator equivalent to the one I have for $199.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=97906

Stephen_TX

Back
Top Bottom