fun foods for chicks

lauragolden1

Hatching
Jul 18, 2015
Besides grasshoppers that my son catches and feeds my week old chicks, what and when can you feed them other foods they might like.

My chicks are now 17 weeks old, but ever since they were two weeks, we've been giving them oats. Regular whole oats, like uncooked oatmeal, are always theyre favorite treat. They come when we call them now, and that started with calling them when we gave them oats. Also, our chicks loved carrot tops. Hope this helps! And grasshoppers seem like a fun treat for chicks
smile.png

My chicks are now 17 weeks old, but ever since they were two weeks, we've been giving them oats. Regular whole oats, like uncooked oatmeal, are always theyre favorite treat. They come when we call them now, and that started with calling them when we gave them oats. Also, our chicks loved carrot tops. Hope this helps! And grasshoppers seem like a fun treat for chicks :)  
we are in Oklahoma and grasshoppers are plentiful. We call it chicken football as they steal the grasshopper from each other. They run around like little kids chasing the soccer ball. It is country entertainment!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom