fun, quirky, and cute names.

how is she Handicapped, if you don't mind my asking?  Also, Luna, and Winter Rose are cute names!

Daisy was bought at the feed store with 2 other ducklings.When she was 3 days old she coudnt walk any more.With a LOT of TLC, lots of warm baths she could finally stand and take a couple of steps.When Daisy was 4wks old she was 3-5x smaller than the other 6 pekins her age. The other ducks picked on her so i kelp her in the house.This is when i noticed that her spine is way more huntched than the others,it also has a bad curve to it so shes kinda crooked.She is 10 wks now i think.I went to visit my mom over nite and pick up more chickens.3 days ago on my way home my dad tells me daisy cant walk she just flops on her side/back kicking. When i got home iran to her,she looked up at me and quaked for help.I cried,i felt like i let her down.But with lots of TLC she has gotten to where she can stand again,and swim.Her balance is horrible.As long as she has a will to live and is still fighting im gonna help her.I am pretty sure she wont live as long,as long as she continues to want to live im going to do what i can to help her.I almost put her down but she was fighting so hard and was so glad to see me i couldnt give up,she didnt. Sorry for all the rambling.I guess she has a birth defect. And thank you i love the names Luna and Winter Rose.

Daisy was bought at the feed store with 2 other ducklings.When she was 3 days old she coudnt walk any more.With a LOT of TLC, lots of warm baths she could finally stand and take a couple of steps.When Daisy was 4wks old she was 3-5x smaller than the other 6 pekins her age. The other ducks picked on her so i kelp her in the house.This is when i noticed that her spine is way more huntched than the others,it also has a bad curve to it so shes kinda crooked.She is 10 wks now i think.I went to visit my mom over nite and pick up more chickens.3 days ago on my way home my dad tells me daisy cant walk she just flops on her side/back kicking. When i got home iran to her,she looked up at me and quaked for help.I cried,i felt like i let her down.But with lots of TLC she has gotten to where she can stand again,and swim.Her balance is horrible.As long as she has a will to live and is still fighting im gonna help her.I am pretty sure she wont live as long,as long as she continues to want to live im going to do what i can to help her.I almost put her down but she was fighting so hard and was so glad to see me i couldnt give up,she didnt. Sorry for all the rambling.I guess she has a birth defect. And thank you i love the names Luna and Winter Rose.
I understand that, My ducks are my pets, not just a hobby. I can see that you're the same way. It's awesome that you put time and energy into her. She really appreciates you I'm sure.

I understand that, My ducks are my pets, not just a hobby. I can see that you're the same way. It's awesome that you put time and energy into her. She really appreciates you I'm sure. 

I have taken one of mine to the vet before because of an injury, and people thought I were crazy for spending a lot of money on duck. The fact is that I would do it again, if there was a possibility that it could be saved. Mine are pets as well and I feel like they depend on me for survival and that's the responsibility that comes along with it. It makes me feel good that I'm not the only one who are crazy about ducks! :D

Oh of course! I have been lazy and not downloaded any pictures...here's the little sucker...
big_smile.png

love.gif
love.gif
Gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing!

So far we have:

Pip, Petra and Pearl the Pekin trio.

Then:

Robyn
Boo
MoMo
A (yes just A. a 4 year old named her.)
Gertie
Milkyway
Jellybean
Snickers
Maggie
Penny
Feather

And our African geese pair: Chuck and Sarah are coming mid-June. :D

My Runner drake is Stanley, And my hens are Pickle, Frances, Pancake and Fuzzball. Now that we're expecting 13 more ducklings I'm collecting a totally new arsenal of names.

I have taken one of mine to the vet before because of an injury, and people thought I were crazy for spending a lot of money on duck. The fact is that I would do it again, if there was a possibility that it could be saved. Mine are pets as well and I feel like they depend on me for survival and that's the responsibility that comes along with it. It makes me feel good that I'm not the only one who are crazy about ducks!
big_smile.png
You just reminded me about a year ago a dog attacked on of my ducks and broke its wing. I can not drive, did not have a car, so a friend took me on the back of his motorbike to the vets with the duck.

The duck sat on my lap quite happily - seemed to really like the ride. When we had to stop a red lights the duck would stick out its neck and look around at all the other bikes and cars in wonder, while quacking loudly. Lots of funny looks from other people and children loved to see her.

At the vets there were lots of posh little dogs yapping and cats in boxes. My duck happily waddling around the waiting room, helping herself to some food and water form the bowl provided for the dogs. She even frightened one dog away! Everyone was laughing.

The vest said they never had anyone bring in a duck before. People thought I should just eat her. The vets were very kind and strapped up her wing and gave injections. The did not even charge me! I had to go back 2 more times (the duck now loving the bike ride).

Now if I go out with anyone on a motorbike she will look so sad, like she wants to come along too!

So far we have:

Pip, Petra and Pearl the Pekin trio.

Then:

Robyn
Boo
MoMo
A (yes just A. a 4 year old named her.)
Gertie
Milkyway
Jellybean
Snickers
Maggie
Penny
Feather

And our African geese pair: Chuck and Sarah are coming mid-June. :D
I love the idea of "Boo" for a name; also jellybean is cute! My sister has a dog named Snickers, and my car has been affectionately refered to as Penny...short for Penelope. LOL Congrats on your geese!

Back
Top Bottom