Future Chicken Breeder in Washington - Just Getting Started

Hi all! I have been reading threads on BYC for a while but am joining for the first time because I want to become part of the discussions and not only find fellow poultry lovers who are just as passionate as me, but get more info about the projects I am working on and contribute what I already know when time allows. I'm an educator at heart and hope to be one in a more real sense in the future, as there can never be enough enthusiastic and curious teachers in the world!
Forever a student, sometimes a teacher, but always learning and growing.

Current breeds in development: Columbian Wyandotte, Black Copper Marans, Crested Cream Legbar, Olive Egger

Also have: Buff Orpington, Easter Egger, Welsummer
Previously had: Barred Plymouth Rock, Polish
Still waiting for: White Plymouth Rock, Bresse, Light Sussex

Favorite breeds are Columbian Wyandotte and Cream Legbar, and least fav is definitely POLISH! Those poor birds... They should not exist!
Welcome to BYC!!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

You keep some beautiful breeds! 😍 The learning never stops with chickens...life either! :D Always a curve ball comes your way the minute you think you know something...my life summed up. :lol:

Make yourself at home here and welcome aboard!
It really is amazing how a person can feel so prepared, especially when it comes to raising animals, and then realize you're completely wrong about so many assumptions you didn't even know you were making!
Thank you for the warm welcome on the good ship Chicken ^_^

Back
Top Bottom