fuzzi's Chicken Journal

I've heard the foxes here, screaming like a woman in distress. My son has seen a coyote, my dad saw red fox kits playing by the side of the woods, next to his RV. And I saw a gray fox on the way to work one morning, distinctly remember the white tip on its tail.

The feral cats around my house stay close or they disappear.

Well, so much for taking it easy...

1. Found the chick waterer, cleaned and filled with filtered water, ready for chicks
2. Convinced dh to let his bicycle go, after 25 years of not riding it
3. Took bicycle, some rusted/bent tomato cages, and a broken antenna to the dump (bicycle was claimed by someone in line)
4. Went to Lowe's, came home with wooden stakes for my squash
5. Stopped at farmers' market, came home with a quart jar of honey
6. Put 12# of dog biscuits into gallon zip bags

I brought the compressed bag of peat moss closer to the new gardens, am thinking about going back outside to dig holes and work some into the new beds. :cool:

Last edited:
I have been soooo busy with work. I'm also very stressed out with the amount of work that I need to do. No resting for the weekend. I have to do at least some work work on Sunday.

Today we have already scheduled to raleigh to pick up some good quality meats. But yesterday and this morning we managed to put hardware cloth on the majority of the run, at the base.

This afternoon we need to keep working on the run.

Inky (and you can see the run a little bit in the back)
20240323_141149.jpg

This was March when we celebrated their 3 year birthday (5 of them)
20240312_164505.jpg

I have been soooo busy with work. I'm also very stressed out with the amount of work that I need to do. No resting for the weekend. I have to do at least some work work on Sunday.

Today we have already scheduled to raleigh to pick up some good quality meats. But yesterday and this morning we managed to put hardware cloth on the majority of the run, at the base.

This afternoon we need to keep working on the run.

Inky (and you can see the run a little bit in the back)
View attachment 3793356

This was March when we celebrated their 3 year birthday (5 of them)
View attachment 3793357
Pretty chicks.

Looking forward to seeing your improvements!

Back
Top Bottom