Game rooster eye infection?

Beginner2015

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 24, 2014
So long story short roo A gets out of pen fights with rooster B through wire If you've ever bred game chikens you get food at fixing issues caused by pen fights but I've never had ones eye do this before... he was already blinded in this eye when I got him and now idk what to do to get the swelling down he dropped all his weight and now he only eats when I fed him through a syringe I gave him a shot of LA 200 but idk if I should give him more because he continues to not eat...he has white yellow goo under his eyelid and it's swollen up just around his eye (like a big abscess) I have tried warm compress and wiping him with apple vinegar and using scarlet oil in his other wounds... whatever I do it needs to be done fast poor thing won't even crow... I'm trying to add pics but idk how

I would try an antibiotic eye ointment in his eye. Lift eyelid and put some in there. Jeffers Pet online probably sells it if you can't find it at your feed store.

That abscess is somewhat consolidated and needs to be scooped out thoroughly with a Q-tip while someone holds him/her. Follow with ointment in the eye orbit, generously applied with a clean Q-tip. The eye is gone by now, so be firm, getting all that glop out of the eye orbit. Injection of antibiotics will keep it from going systemic.

Back
Top Bottom