Gander issues

Angelique123456

Chirping
Sep 8, 2020
Hello all
It’s been about year since I have listed any problems. I have an issue with my male geese. I have a few Chinese gees and regular white and buff geese. As seen in the pictures below. I raised most of them except one Chinese geese and the female buff. The issue am having is that the 2 white geese are a breeding pair. But the Chinese male geese that is sleeping in the pictures has been fighting with the white male since I got him for the white female. I thought it was just the breeding spring time so then I decided to get the female buff for him. But no he is determined to have her as a mate. The Chinese geese Chases and bite the white male one all the time. And their has been a few times where Battle was full blown, in the pond, land and Coop. It’s been where the Chinese geese is very dominant over he’s stolen girlfriend. He does not let him eat and kicks him out of the coop. And of course the white male is out of the coop when I open in the morning. What should I do? How can I solve this problem without giving or culling the trouble maker. Please give me advice!

Attachments

• 9804B9A5-FA9C-4C0E-BBE3-DA18A9CE37B9.jpeg
    9804B9A5-FA9C-4C0E-BBE3-DA18A9CE37B9.jpeg
    755.3 KB · Views: 12
You have to seperate the pairs, no contact, even try to reduce their ability to see each other if you can.
Obsessions like these are unhealthy for all the geese involved, it’s constant stress that will weaken their immune systems.

You have to seperate the pairs, no contact, even try to reduce their ability to see each other if you can.
Obsessions like these are unhealthy for all the geese involved, it’s constant stress that will weaken their immune systems.
Yeah have one chicken coop and one geese coop. They all got along until I got the male Chinese goose. That is why I am asking if I should get rid of the white one or the Chinese one. I love them both. But the Chinese is a really big bully. Not letting him eat and kicking him out of the geese coop.

Yeah have one chicken coop and one geese coop. They all got along until I got the male Chinese goose. That is why I am asking if I should get rid of the white one or the Chinese one. I love them both. But the Chinese is a really big bully. Not letting him eat and kicking him out of the geese coop.
It’s really up to you, I doubt his obsession will go away, even if he calms down after breeding season it might remanifest again next year, so your options are either to get a third coop or rehome whichever you want to rehome.

Back
Top Bottom