gardening in the chicken run -- raspberries?

amiachicknorwat

Songster
7 Years
Aug 3, 2015
Hi, It's kinda the other way around. i originally put the mobile coop in the raspberry patch so to fertilize and keep constricting grasses down. Now canes are springing back with spring weather, I wanted the chickens out of there in case they'd eat up our raspberry sprouts. So far looks like they haven't in some areas, but closer to the coop the absence of sprouting raspberry canes makes me wonder? It's not like there's a ton of room in that whole run, so maybe something else is up. Either way, I'd really appreciate if anyone has knowledge of chickens eating sprouting raspberry leaves/plant? I'd think this is the stage when the thorns aren't so developed or hardened. Thanks, ChickeNick

Hi, It's kinda the other way around. i originally put the mobile coop in the raspberry patch so to fertilize and keep constricting grasses down. Now canes are springing back with spring weather, I wanted the chickens out of there in case they'd eat up our raspberry sprouts. So far looks like they haven't in some areas, but closer to the coop the absence of sprouting raspberry canes makes me wonder? It's not like there's a ton of room in that whole run, so maybe something else is up. Either way, I'd really appreciate if anyone has knowledge of chickens eating sprouting raspberry leaves/plant? I'd think this is the stage when the thorns aren't so developed or hardened. Thanks, ChickeNick
I think if you want any raspberries left, you might want to get those chickens out of there. They like green stuff. Lots of green stuff.

Back
Top Bottom