Gasping for air only while lying down and being held!

Thanks Kathy!
big_smile.png
I've also noticed, and my husband confirmed that its not my imagination, that she feels cold. Is this a sign of anything that you are aware of?

Thanks Kathy!:D  I've also noticed, and my husband confirmed that its not my imagination, that she feels cold. Is this a sign of anything that you are aware of?

Sick birds are almost always hypothermic. Can you place her in a room that's at least 80-85 degrees? Is she drinking enough? What do her eyes look like?

-Kathy

We have her in the house with us and because of our concern about her we have the house set at 75 degrees. I add water to her layer crumbles cause she likes it mushy hoping it would help water intake and her food intake. Also the Poultry Superfood supplement I give her I make with water (5ml). She does drink on her own as well. A vet told me to add sugar to her water in case she is anemic which I have been doing but am concerned that it is not healthy for her. ( 1 tablespoon per gallon). I bought Braggs raw apple cider vinegar today but am unsure how much to put in the water. Her eyes look fine other then having them half way open at times. To me they look more oval then usual but my husband says they were always that way.Her comb is very pale and shrunken. If you don't detect mites or lice quick enough can it do permanent damage? I truly think the infestation has something to do with this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me. I've been putting my heart and soul into trying to save her and advice is helping me tremendously!

We have her in the house with us and because of our concern about her we have the house set at 75 degrees. I add water to her layer crumbles cause she likes it mushy hoping it would help water intake and her food intake. Also the Poultry Superfood supplement I give her I make with water (5ml). She does drink on her own as well. A vet told me to add sugar to her water in case she is anemic which I have been doing but am concerned that it is not healthy for her. ( 1 tablespoon per gallon). I bought Braggs raw apple cider vinegar today but am unsure how much to put in the water. Her eyes look fine other then having them half way open at times. To me they look more oval then usual but my husband says they were always that way.Her comb is very pale and shrunken. If you don't detect mites or lice quick enough can it do permanent damage? I truly think the infestation has something to do with this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me. I've been putting my heart and soul into trying to save her and advice is helping me tremendously!
Can you put her in a bathroom with a space heater and up the temp to 85 to see how she does? As for water intake, bare minimum is 5% of her body weight per day (23 ml per pound).

-Kathy

I will give the bathroom set at 85 a shot. Probably not till tomorrow since she is not familiar with our bathroom. I don't want to frighten her while she is TRYING to sleep with an unfamiliar place.I'm worried about the water situation. I really don't know if she is getting her 23ml. I do see her drink on her own but how do I know if it is enough. Is it possible for her to intake too much water if i give her water on top of her own intake?

I will give the bathroom set at 85 a shot. Probably not till tomorrow since she is not familiar with our bathroom. I don't want to frighten her while she is TRYING to sleep with an unfamiliar place.I'm worried about the water situation. I really don't know if she is getting her 23ml. I do see her drink on her own but how do I know if it is enough. Is it possible for her to intake too much water if i give her water on top of her own intake?

Pretty hard to OD them on water if your giving that amount. How is she today?

-Kathy

She is doing the same. Only thing is the other night she was really struggling with her breathing so I held her a while. While holding her I noticed that her vent and above it felt hard. I thought maybe it was from her staining to breath so I checked it the following day and it felt the same. I soaked her in warm water and gave her a little vegatable oil in case its an egg. The area seems to be a weird spot to be hard. The rest( under vent and underneath her) feels normal. I'm out of ideas other then taking her to a fourth vet for xrays, but I'm really low on money right now.

She is doing the same. Only thing is the other night she was really struggling with her breathing so I held her a while. While holding her I noticed that her vent and above it felt hard. I thought maybe it was from her staining to breath so I checked it the following day and it felt the same. I soaked her in warm water and gave her a little vegatable oil in case its an egg. The area seems to be a weird spot to be hard. The rest( under vent and underneath her) feels normal. I'm out of ideas other then taking her to a fourth vet for xrays, but I'm really low on money right now.

Is she pooping normally?

Is she pooping normally?
Her poop looks really good. Sometimes it is runny but probably because I've been feeding her yogurt,baby food,poultry superfood supplement,etc. along with her layer crumble and scratch grain.I have noticed in the middle on the night if I get her up she'll do a big poop then I'll put her back.... this brings her some relief with the breathing although she does have small dropping in her sleeping area in the morning.

I took my Lilybug
D.gif
to the vet for the 4th time this evening. They said no worms, no bugs, no fluid in abdomen, not egg bound, no sour crop. That is all wonderful news but I don't feel their diagnosis is correct.They say she is just severely anemic. I don't see how that explains her breathing heavy only while lying down or being held but I'm no doctor or I would know what is wrong myself. I'm hoping they are right and that this is something she can overcome. Just a little improvement would make me happy, just so she can seem happy again. I'm willing to go the extra mile for her for the rest of my life cause I just love her so much. Pray for my Lilybug. Pray she will soon be the happy and playful little girl she once was.Thank you all for the replies and helpful tips and info! Thanks Again, Linda and Lilybug
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom