Gasping for breath and weak

RavenSunRanch

In the Brooder
Aug 28, 2021
My favorite girl Louise came walking out of the coop slower than usual. I followed her and realized her mouth was open and she to be having trouble breathing. I picked her up and her crop was empty. Every once in a while she would try to clear her throat. My equine vet was arriving to vaccinate my horses so he took a look at her and said I should take her to an emergency vet. It seemed when she gets stressed the skin around her eyes and mouth would turn bright red. When she was calmer it would go back to a more normal flesh color. We are now at the animal hospital. They put her on oxygen and I’m waiting to speak to the vet. I’m so afraid we are going to lose her as her conditioned seemed to get worse by the hour. My other chickens seem fine so far. Anyone experience anything like this?
21F1DE22-05F1-4C70-9F97-41D045CD46C6.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m so sorry she passed. Such a beautiful girl. 😞❤️

My favorite girl Louise came walking out of the coop slower than usual. I followed her and realized her mouth was open and she to be having trouble breathing. I picked her up and her crop was empty. Every once in a while she would try to clear her throat. My equine vet was arriving to vaccinate my horses so he took a look at her and said I should take her to an emergency vet. It seemed when she gets stressed the skin around her eyes and mouth would turn bright red. When she was calmer it would go back to a more normal flesh color. We are now at the animal hospital. They put her on oxygen and I’m waiting to speak to the vet. I’m so afraid we are going to lose her as her conditioned seemed to get worse by the hour. My other chickens seem fine so far. Anyone experience anything like this?
View attachment 3438270
My chicken is doing this same thing all of a sudden today…. No other symptoms and all other chickens fine. Were you able to determine cause?

Back
Top Bottom