Gave 1 year old Valzaban two nites ago.. then they drank some water immediately

ladyearth

Songster
7 Years
Nov 23, 2013
kentucky
would that lessen the effects???
took them off roost at nite to do so. hubby is so good at dosing them. best Hubby and chicken daddy out there>>>>
So too tired last nite to do the 4 and 1/2 MONTHS old ones GIRLS yet. they sleep in diff coop but comingle in giant fenced 100 by 100 area and et after each other....
so should I do them or say We dose them too ????
saw some kind of dehyrated worms on their poop trays... stuck the same outside.. the rain rehydrated them Should I post pics???? well here before rain got to the speciman

oh I use boot trays on top of poo board , 3 of them works great and tray are $4.99 plus tax.....

I just remove and putty knife and scrub in rainwater out in regular yard or ner a thirsty foilage ......LOL
Just checked todays poo bd tray more worms.. WHAT kind are these???.. Thanks all

Last edited:
four days in a row now for at least one of them on the poo tray... thee has been quite a bit of rain here lately and they do range all over but the woods and garden....
NOW what I gave some water righ,t after Hubby dosed them ,does that make the Valzaban less effective??????????
so do we increase from 5 ml to more and more doses than one more ..... 10 days later????/
thanks

four days in a row now for at least one of them on the poo tray... thee has been quite a bit of rain here lately and they do range all over but the woods and garden....
NOW what I gave some water righ,t after Hubby dosed them ,does that make the Valzaban less effective??????????
so do we increase from 5 ml to more and more doses than one more ..... 10 days later????/
thanks n a syringe
No, it doesnt make the wormer less effective. Peter Brown at First State vet supply mentioned that valbazen mixed in water in a syringe should be used for better gut coverage. I forgot the mixture ratio that he mentioned, but i think it comes to 8ml's total. Most folks including me, give it orally undiluted 1/2ml initially, then repeat again in 10 days. Why only 1/2ml instead of Mr. Brown's mixture? Administering less liquid greatly reduces the chances that the liquid goes down the windpipe causing the bird to aspirate. Then there would be big problems.There is no loss of effectiveness either way. Also, it's much easier to administer 1/2ml rather than 8ml's.

Last edited:
Dawg or others in the know,
since worms are in their poo , well in at least one chicken poo, before Valzaban and afterwards should we up the dosage or give it more often than 10 days apart.... or dose less than 10 days apart......
If its Baby Girl again... she doesnt lay eggs anyway..... my sweet Baby Girl if she does rarely they are less than practice size...

I was curious, so I looked on his site and it says mix 1 cc Valbazen with 8 cc water and two give two ml of that mixture to each chicken.

Doesn't that mean the there's only 25 mg in each cc of the mixture? Need more caffeine, lol.

=Kathy

naw just 5 on the syringe cause its a small syringe......what I mean is why am i still seeing worms in their poo?...... It .is 1/2 or number 5 on my syringe enough dosage, if I AM STILL SEEING WORMS I POO....>>???
.thanks all

Back
Top Bottom