Geese and chickens

debbiejac2003

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2023
I have 5 hens and 2 geese (male and female). They have been together since day 1 of their lives. They all get along great, however, I’ve noticed my gander is just barely fitting through the chicken coop door. The geese do have another spot that we made for them, however, they insist on going into the chicken coop throughout the day and at night, when we lock them up. My question is how do I separate them? I’m afraid that once Momma Goose gets pregnant, Poppa Goose won’t let anyone near her. Thank you!

close off their current door. cut a new door in their house, higher up. Build a long , somewhat narrow ramp to the door.
Train the geese to go in their own house, bring out a few leafs of Romaine and they will follow you, toss the lettuce into the house they supposed to go in.
You might need to set up some simple temp fencing to make a funnel pathway leading to their house. then grab a pool noodle and slowly wave it behind them. might work

close off their current door. cut a new door in their house, higher up. Build a long , somewhat narrow ramp to the door.
Train the geese to go in their own house, bring out a few leafs of Romaine and they will follow you, toss the lettuce into the house they supposed to go in.
You might need to set up some simple temp fencing to make a funnel pathway leading to their house. then grab a pool noodle and slowly wave it behind them. might work
It’s worth a try! Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom