Geese breeds comparison table

It means that they will get all of the weeds out of your garden if you have one
smile.png
It is telling you how good each goose breed is at doing that!

I hope that helps!

Quote:
What kind of geese are you getting?

I said I got it, the meaning of weeding, lol, not gooses (yet)
tongue.png

Answering your question, I'm searching for several qualities in a goose breed:
-They must be quiet or very quiet, I have about 1.3acres of land with a lake but a neighbors house is very close;
-I like this weeding quality, so I want them to be good at pecking weeds, hopefully I will need to buy less feed;
-I want a good size eggs with a good production and fertility;
-AND very important absolute NO flying.

Knowing this I think I going to choose between this breeds:
-Tufted Buff;
-French Toulouse;
-Toulouse;
-Tufted Toulouse;
-Embden.

Do you (or anyone who want to enter the dialog) have any of this breeds? What your opinion about them?

Last edited:
Quote:
What kind of geese are you getting?

I said I got it, the meaning of weeding.

Answering your question, I'm searching for several qualities in a goose breed:
-They must be quiet or very quiet, I have about 1.3acres of land with a lake but a neighbors house is very close;
-I like this weeding quality, so I want them to be good at pecking weeds, hopefully I will need to buy less feed;
-I want a good size eggs with a good production and fertility;
-AND very important absolute NO flying.

Knowing this I think I going to choose between this breeds:
-Tufted Buff;
-French Toulouse;
-Toulouse;
-Tufted Toulouse;
-Embden.

Do you (or anyone who want to enter the dialog) have any of this breeds? What your opinion about them?

Sorry about that! I have Embdens but they are not very good weeders but they do not eat very much food at all! They lay good sized eggs as well! They do not really fly at all so I don't think that you would have a problem with that!

Some geese are quieter than other geese, but I really don't think any geese are quiet in generally. They're quiet at times, but can be very loud. I have American Buffs, like the tufted, but without the tufts. They're excellent weeders, don't fly... but can be loud.

Quote:
LOL... I said that for Olive Hill, when he said

Quote:
Then I said

Quote:
I actually have to thank you for give me an answer!

Quote:
Yes I know they are all loud when they want to, but that is not a problem, actually I think that the neighbor would like to hear them sometimes. What I don't want is birds that make noise every time for every thing that passes by.

Quote:
They have an awesome book collection. You might consider one of the books they have.

I have to say Metzer has awesome customer service!!!!

Quote:
They have an awesome book collection. You might consider one of the books they have.

I have to say Metzer has awesome customer service!!!!

Thanks, I'm thinking about it. I hope I didn't wait too long to get back to them.

Back
Top Bottom