Geese nesting together, steeling and eating each others egg's

charlieball

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 22, 2014
Wenvoe, cardiff
Hi there,
Were thought we would see if our geese could hatch their own egg's this year. ( we incubated egg's last year and we did quite well).
2 of our 3 girls have got broody and are sitting. They have taken to nesting right tight close to each other.
They steel each other's egg's all the time and are now eating some of the egg's.
Looks like we have lost some babies. We know there were a few egg's close to hatching but where they have been rolled around as they try and steel them.
How can we stop them from eating egg's and steeling them from each other?

They don't eat the eggs and the constant stealing caused the eggs to crack which eventually break.
Separate the nests further apart so they can't do it anymore.
This is just like two geese sharing one nest which never goes well ;)
Just move the nests away from eachother and all should be fine

Hi there,
Were thought we would see if our geese could hatch their own egg's this year. ( we incubated egg's last year and we did quite well).
2 of our 3 girls have got broody and are sitting. They have taken to nesting right tight close to each other.
They steel each other's egg's all the time and are now eating some of the egg's.
Looks like we have lost some babies. We know there were a few egg's close to hatching but where they have been rolled around as they try and steel them.
How can we stop them from eating egg's and steeling them from each other?

My 2 geese are doing the exact same thing!!! Mine are eating each other’s eggs!!! Actually heard and saw her eating one. Also saw bits of shells in old hay when I was cleaning their shed out.

Back
Top Bottom