Gender and Breed Help?

View attachment 2915076
Thank you guys for the help!
Any idea on her breed? She wandered into our yard back in May and never left. Now she gets mealworms, crumble, oyster shells and whatever she finds in the yard, but doesn't lay eggs often.
She is Wheaten, the blue on the tail is interesting. Looks like a gamefowl of some sort.

@MysteryChicken Do you know what she is?

How old are these? The white one looks like a silver laced wyandotte cockerel. The other one is a golden laced wyandotte, but I'm not really sure about gender. I'm leaning cockerel though. @cherrynberry
They're about 12-ish weeks old. We've had them for 8 weeks and we were told they were maybe 4-5 weeks when we got them. Will they still need to be separated when they're older? They're really close to each other so far haha

the white one looks sorts like a Sussex, only it is too speckley.
the second looks kind of like a light Sussex cockeral

The white-and-black bird in the first post has a rose comb. Sussex would have single combs. So it is not a Light Sussex or any other color of Sussex.

I think it is either a Wyandotte, or a mix of some kind. Maybe someone crossed a Columbian Wyandotte with a Silver Laced Wyandotte? That might explain why the color pattern does not look quite right for either one.

The gold one looks like a Gold Laced Wyandotte to me, and she's probably a bantam (based on the size difference in the photo that shows both of them.)

Any idea on her breed? She wandered into our yard back in May and never left. Now she gets mealworms, crumble, oyster shells and whatever she finds in the yard, but doesn't lay eggs often.
When she does lay eggs, what color are they? Sometimes that can help figure out what breed a hen is.

The white-and-black bird in the first post has a rose comb. Sussex would have single combs. So it is not a Light Sussex or any other color of Sussex.

I think it is either a Wyandotte, or a mix of some kind. Maybe someone crossed a Columbian Wyandotte with a Silver Laced Wyandotte? That might explain why the color pattern does not look quite right for either one.

The gold one looks like a Gold Laced Wyandotte to me, and she's probably a bantam (based on the size difference in the photo that shows both of them.)

When she does lay eggs, what color are they? Sometimes that can help figure out what breed a hen is.
When she lays eggs, they're kind of a cream color? She doesn't lay very often😅

Attachments

• 20211202_135952.jpg
    20211202_135952.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
When she lays eggs, they're kind of a cream color? She doesn't lay very often😅
That could fit with the idea someone suggested, that she might be some kind of gamefowl.

And it rules out all the breeds and mixes that lay blue eggs, green eggs, dark brown eggs, or completely white ones :)

Back
Top Bottom