Gender guess...

A black Australorp. Is that what she is? I was wondering. Hmm. Now I have to google those- I was told by the person who gave them to me that she "thought" it was a black orpington. :) thank you guys so much for your help!! I hoping it's just the one, he is sure a sweetie though, at least to us humans. A terror to the other chicks- jumps on them

Can
I get in on this and ask your opinion on our 10 week old Ancona? Pullet or Cockerel?

No sign of dark comb or waddle, but when she stands up in the wind, she looks like this. We know the Serama is a roo.

I would assume a puller but I really don't know. I'm knew to this whole chicken thing :)

A black Australorp. Is that what she is? I was wondering. Hmm. Now I have to google those- I was told by the person who gave them to me that she "thought" it was a black orpington. :) thank you guys so much for your help!! I hoping it's just the one, he is sure a sweetie though, at least to us humans. A terror to the other chicks- jumps on them

Both Black Orpingtons and Black Australorps are all black with pinkish white skin, in fact Australorps were developed from Black Orpingtons. Since Black Orpingtons are more rare than Australorps, I suspect your's is one.

Back
Top Bottom