Gender help on 7-9wk old d'uccles and silkies

hudsonmama

Songster
13 Years
Jul 21, 2010
I have 10 of these babies and I'm hoping to know sooner than later which ones I can keep. I get to keep all hens and might get to convince my hubby to keep a rooster, but not sure on that one. ;-) I'd like one roo of each breed if they can get along. :)

Can't get pics to post. Will try on a reply. Please be patient, I have dialup! :)

Ok, I think we're in business. Thanks for your patience! I'm going to post a few chickens at a time. :)

#1 White silkie, my youngest

#2 Buff

#3 Darker red buff...I think this one is a roo...got a pretty good maroon colored comb, plus he's huge, and used to be smaller than some of the others.

#4 Another buff

Very pretty chickens! They are kinda hard to tell gender because of age and mostly because they are bantams. But here are my guesses.
#1 MAYBE rooster. Hens have more of a poof but it depends on how old this one is. (Silkie roos are very nice!)
#2 Looks like a hen to me but still am not sure.
#3 Possibly roo.
#4 Possibly hen.

Well, they are loading, other than they look stretched funny. :)

#5 Black

#6 Black...this one is a little smaller

#7 mille fleur

#8 mille fleur

#9 mille fleur

#8&9 mille fleurs

#10 mille fleur

#7, #8 & #10 mille fleurs

The white one is my youngest. About 7 weeks. The mille fleurs are about that, too. The rest of the silkies are close to 9 weeks or so.

#5 Ohhh goodness, hard to tell. I'm leaning to roo but could be a hen. Not sure.
#6 Maybe roo.
#7 Rooster.
#8 Hen.
#9 Hard to tell from that angle. Possibly roo though.
#10 Rooster.

Those are my best guesses. Hope this helps.
smile.png

Ok, I think we're in business. Thanks for your patience! I'm going to post a few chickens at a time.
smile.png

#1 White silkie, my youngest
the d'uccles in the back are both cockerels and the silkie maybe to
#2 Buff
silkie looks like a pullet the d'uccle on the left is a cockerel right is a pullet

hard to tell
#3 Darker red buff...I think this one is a roo...got a pretty good maroon colored comb, plus he's huge, and used to be smaller than some of the others.
cockerel all the way
#4 Another buff
looks like a pullet
silkie pullet d'uccle a cockerel
both silkies look like cockerels and the d'uccle is a pullet

no promise on the silkies they are a bit ypung to tell for sure but the d'uccles i am 300% sure on

Back
Top Bottom