GENDER ID with DNA testing

That's great. I wonder if there is a way to set up a lab for yourself and cut out the middle man. Seems like the hatcheries could be much more accurate using this technique for sexing chicks, ducklings, goslings, etc.
I’m sure some science minded people could figure it out! I believe they use PCR technique. I know some Silkie breeders especially use this service in order to sell “guaranteed” pullets. Adds significantly to the price of the chick though.😊

How’s the little girl doing now?
I unfortunately do not know how she is. I ended up giving her to a “friend” who took one of my cockerels, to sweeten the deal. I have not heard anything and the one time I asked, I got a very vague answer. She was a beautiful bird, I regret not keeping her.🙁
I have this photo from when she was about 2 months old.
EA5E1FDC-27E3-4D8D-A5E6-5CB6DC381E8A.jpeg

Her full sibs ended up laying pale olive colored eggs anyway, according to the folks that bought them.🙂

I unfortunately do not know how she is. I ended up giving her to a “friend” who took one of my cockerels, to sweeten the deal. I have not heard anything and the one time I asked, I got a very vague answer. She was a beautiful bird, I regret not keeping her.🙁
I have this photo from when she was about 2 months old.View attachment 2872140
Her full sibs ended up laying pale olive colored eggs anyway, according to the folks that bought them.🙂
She is very pretty!:loveSorry you didn't end up keeping her. :(

Back
Top Bottom