Gender of EE's & Barred Rock/EE mixes?

Curlymg

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 21, 2012
Rio Rico, Arizona

EE/Barred Rock chick, #1 (above-female?)

EE/Barred Rock chick, #2 (male?)

#1 on left, #2 on right

EE, #3

#3 (compared to my other 3 EE's this one is the ONLY one with such a straight/pointy tail?! Because of this, I have NO guess for gender)

EE #4

EE #4 (My guess is cockerel, he's my only EE with patches of different feathering but he has a tail like #1 and #2)

What do you think they all are? (If my guesses are completely wrong, I'll have to post pics of my others that I think are all pullets :b
idunno.gif
)

On your mixed, which parent was the barred rock? If it was the hen ( ee roo over barred rock hen) then the babies are sex linked and all the barred birds are males. If the roo was the barred rock, that rule won't hold true.

I honestly don't know, but I just sent a message to the breeder I got them from. I'll let you know as soon as I get a reply.
smile.png
And I hope at least one of them is a pullet, I was told they'd lay jumbo sized blue eggs! Also, he said if any of my chicks turn out to be roo's, I can trade them for pullets of the same breed (both good & bad since I've grown close to these!).

So my chicks are now 2 months old! Just to make sure, I took some more pictures, so I hope I can know if they are roosters for sure! I tried to take them while they were free ranging- I didn't think it would be so hard!
tongue.png

Above is my EE/Barred rock. He's my favorite, I think he's a growing into a beauty!

This is just my flock, with my biggest roo posing!
lau.gif

EE, rooster. I'm like 100% sure! (he's the one posing :b)

EE/Barred rock, rooster? Sure, he/she has lots of red for her age but she/he is significantly smaller than the other EE/Barred rock!

This is Roasted, I don't have a picture of her with the others on my first post because I thought she was a pullet, and now honestly i'm not sure!

So, opinions?
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom