Gender of Lavender Orp - AND... What breed am I? 2 for 1

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
So I got a grab bag mix of rare breeds, I was able to pull out the Lavender Orpington for sure. Question now is the sex. All the chicks are 5 weeks old. Only bird of the mix that is an obvious rooster with a huge pink comb and wattles, is an Olive Egger named "Oregano" (he needs a home btw!). This Lav Orp is so darn friendly, already trained her to come when I call her name "Hermione" or tap my finger she comes straight to me. Hate to find out I got another rooster.

Then there is the 'Blue Orpington" I thought I got with her. Now the Blue is bigger then the Lav Orp. So it has me questioning "Penelope's" breed. You can see what appears to be copper bleeding through her neck feathers. Do you suppose she's a Blue Copper Maran without leg feathers?

Last edited:
Which one? lol

I'm starting to get suspicious of them all. hahaha

I'm trying to keep myself from posting the whole flock. I have faith the light brahma and black cochin I have are girls. All the rest have little obvious combs. I had these guys sexed too.

Hey!
Yes, its been a LONG time .I've just been putting in extra time at work and with the family. Which is nice, less online time feels good. :)

And yes, Ms. Penelope has a little fly away on top of her head. Reminds me of the little mohawk my muscovies get. Curiouser, curiouser!

So I guess I should come back in a couple weeks on that Lav Orp huh?! lol

I believe the other chick is another olive egger but its got blue copper over cream legbar in it. I hope so, she's pretty.

pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom