Gender of two 8-week Dominiques

Hi! My 4 yr old niece and I named Chick 1 and Chick 2 Jasmine and Mulan respectively, so I'm hoping I determined their sex correctly. They will be 15 weeks tomorrow. Here they are:

Chick 2 was the one causing all of the confusion. Her wattles on her right side have developed faster than her left side. Also, you can't really see it in my pictures, but her left side is yellower than her right side and Chick 1's face.

Hi! My 4 yr old niece and I named Chick 1 and Chick 2 Jasmine and Mulan respectively, so I'm hoping I determined their sex correctly. They will be 15 weeks tomorrow. Here they are:

Chick 2 was the one causing all of the confusion. Her wattles on her right side have developed faster than her left side. Also, you can't really see it in my pictures, but her left side is yellower than her right side and Chick 1's face.
I still think you have two pullets there.

Update: Mulan (chick 2) started laying on December 26th (Almost 7 months old). She has been laying everyday except on 12/31/14. I'm still waiting for Jasmine to start laying. I hope this thread is useful to anyone who is trying to sex their own dominiques.

I second guessed my Dom‘s sex for a long time as well - also her breed, since she was in the maran bin at TSC! She is a beautiful hen who is now 4 years old and lays lovely large, light brown eggs almost daily. 💕
B03199D5-8389-4116-83A4-3278F72AA35A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom