Gender please? - 14 week old showgirl

cjwalden,
I would say you have a rooster. looks just like the one i have that is around the same age (3mos). If its a hen I know which hen laid that egg. all post her to, may give you something to compare too, as it gets older. But i am almost sure it's a roo. all go out and take a picture to post.

cjwalden,
I would say you have a rooster. looks just like the one i have that is around the same age (3mos). If its a hen I know which hen laid that egg. all post her to, may give you something to compare too, as it gets older. But i am almost sure it's a roo. all go out and take a picture to post.

big_smile.png

I have no gender preference, just would like to know one way or another. Thank you for your opinion! I'm looking forward to your picture(s).

The showgirls crest feathers on males flow down the neck, which makes the head look long. for the hens it is more round and most of the time the crest feathers do not flow down the neck. which makes the head look rounder. also males will start showing reddish color in the comb around 2 1/2mos. and females comb will remain dark.

Here is the pics of my too young cockerels. one is clean necked and one bowtied. see how the feathers flow down the neck

Ok here is the hen that i think is the mom. also a pic of a clean necked pullet so you can see the roundness of the crest. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom