genetics behind Lemon Blue Cochin

Can I hijack for a moment and ask, what color is this guy? I asked once before and now I can't find the post... Everyone that sees him in person says "oooo - a Lemon Blue", and although that's how I refer to him, I don't think he actually IS a lemon blue.

20890_wm_1001_sidney.jpg

Quote:
I would not consider him a true lemon blue roo. His hackle feathers should be lemon/orange color. Similar to the one pictured below.

7576_dscn0020a.jpg

Ok, it took me a little while but here are some pictures of the rooster I posted a page or two ago. I have had him for a month or so now and he looks like he has darkened up a bit to me. I could be wrong.

Here are the original pictures that I posted.

21398_img_2839.jpg

21398_img_2852.jpg

Everyone said they needed better pictures to be able to tell if the rooster is indeed a lemon blue. These were the best I could do. He refused to sit still ( which is why he is flat out on his side in one picture, it was the only way I could get a close up shot ).
Here they are as of a few days ago.

21398_img_3412.jpg

21398_img_3411.jpg

21398_img_3414.jpg

21398_img_3416.jpg

Steve,
It looks like you don't live too far from me (maybe 2 hours or so). I was wondering if you ever had any chicks to sell for pick up? and/or do you have any hatching eggs from your lemon blues? They are beautiful irds and would certainly help get my project going in the right direction.
Thanks, Robert

Quote:
Hello Robert,
I don't sell chicks, I do sell some of their eggs when they are laying well, which they are not right now(too hot).

A true lemon blue is a brown red over a splash. Then you can breed the offspring to brown reds, lemon blues, or splashes/sport lemon blues.

Back
Top Bottom