Georgia Here Too !!!!!

I'm a GA chicken girl from WI. I'm hoping to start up a small flock in Madison, GA. It will be my first flock, since I began my dreams of agrarian life as a child next to endless crop land and dairy farms. A friend gave me a McMurray catalogue in 2005 and I was hooked. Anyway, anyone else in the Madison/Athens area doing the funky chicken?

Im new to this site! Looking to start a small herd of rir hens.(wanting to get sexed chicks) No idea where to get them from!
sad.png
I'm located in Grayson ga! Anyone know of palace to buy them? Thanks!

I don't know if you found your hens as I did not read to the end of the posts
tongue.png
I have red sex link chicks that are a cross between rir and columbians that I got from tractor supply in Griffin GA (they get them from Mt.Healthy hatchery). I think all the tractor supply stores around here get them, but only in the spring. Anyway they lay great and are the sweetest things...very friendly and lay super well. They are a lot more friendly than my full blooded rir and lay as just as well. You may still want to go full rir but just a plug for the sex link sweeties. Oh an the best part is that you can buy as many (or as few) as you want. It is a good idea to call the store and find out when they are due to arrive as they tend to go quickly.

Last edited:
We are in Dekalb county GA. Have a chicken coop ready no chickens though yet. If anyone is looking for a new home for their chickens we can adopt 6-8 of them.

We are in Dekalb county GA. Have a chicken coop ready no chickens though yet. If anyone is looking for a new home for their chickens we can adopt 6-8 of them.

I have pure bred silkies as well as jersey Giant crosses in the bator, if you're interested. Also have some silkies about 3-4mo old.pm me if you're interested.

Locust Grove. South of ATL. Brand new, like just stared my flock yesterday. One Barred Rock, One Buff Orpington, One Golfen Comet. I am in love already. Someone who is computer savy should start a GA Group for all of us GA Chicken Folks!

Back
Top Bottom