Georgia Here Too !!!!!

Got me stunted on this cpuld be some type /breed of splash how old is it ???
I've had him for a month not really sure thinking 8 weeks..someone said a light bramah mix?
I really dont know ?as I have only raised two breeds of chickens in my lifetime RIRS and WL could be and there are sime breeds when you x them you get what is call a splash I dont know these breeds off the top of my head inly seen in pictures will be a BEAUTIFUL
1f414.png
when grown if I can find any related pictures I'll let ya know.

Jabbgard -
I am in Mableton. We gave the kids an incubator for Christmas - so we should be producing quite a few chicks starting in late-January. I'd sell the day old chicks straight run for $2 a piece. I'd also sell pullets once we they are old enough to sex - send me a PM and we can figure out price for that.

We can breed specific mixes - we have a very large, good natured, RIR rooster and the following hens:
-Welsummer - lays very large spotted dark brown eggs - ~6 a week
-Pearl White Leghorn - lays huge white eggs almost every day - 6 to 7 a week
-Barred rock - consistant large light brown layer - ~6 a week
-Dominique - not laying yet
-RIR - great layer - will produce pure bread RIR's - ~6 a week
-Golden Laced Wyandotte - consistent brown egg layer - ~6 a week
-Ameraucana - (currently not laying - we will probably have chicks from her in the spring - but beautiful blue eggs)

Let me know if you are interested and we can add some to the incubator for you.

Josh

We live in the NW Georgia mountains, Gilmer County, and love the mountains. We have 9 hens; 3 Buff Orps, 3 RRIs and 3 Dominiques. This is our first time raising chickens and I love the girls.  We had lots of fun building their coop and we are now waiting for our first eggs.
hello there Georgian's I live in GA too in a location middle of Fayetteville and Tyrone

Jabbgard - 
I am in Mableton.  We gave the kids an incubator for Christmas - so we should be producing quite a few chicks starting in late-January.   I'd sell the day old chicks straight run for $2 a piece.  I'd also sell pullets once we they are old enough to sex - send me a PM and we can figure out price for that.  

We can breed specific mixes - we have a very large, good natured, RIR rooster and the following hens:  
-Welsummer - lays very large spotted dark brown eggs - ~6 a week
-Pearl White Leghorn - lays huge white eggs almost every day - 6 to 7 a week
-Barred rock - consistant large light brown layer - ~6 a week
-Dominique - not laying yet
-RIR - great layer - will produce pure bread RIR's - ~6 a week
-Golden Laced Wyandotte - consistent brown egg layer - ~6 a week
-Ameraucana - (currently not laying - we will probably have chicks from her in the spring - but beautiful blue eggs)

Let me know if you are interested and we can add some to the incubator for you.

Josh

Hi Josh, I'd totally be interested in some of the barred rocks. Not a fan of shipping animals and, from what I've read, Tractor Supply only carries white rocks. I can't find anyone locally that hatches the barred variety...online anyway. I do have a question though...maybe stupid, but I don't know...what does a rhode island red male and barred rock female produce? As long as they have the temperament of the rocks and same production as either, I'm game. Also in Mableton.

Hi Josh, I'd totally be interested in some of the barred rocks. Not a fan of shipping animals and, from what I've read, Tractor Supply only carries white rocks. I can't find anyone locally that hatches the barred variety...online anyway. I do have a question though...maybe stupid, but I don't know...what does a rhode island red male and barred rock female produce? As long as they have the temperament of the rocks and same production as either, I'm game. Also in Mableton.

We are just getting started with breeding - so I have no idea what we will end up with between the RIR roos and the Barred Rock hen. That said, both birds have pretty good dispositions and the barred rock hen lays about 6 eggs a week, so I expect the offspring will be excellent layers. What I don't know is what they will look like. I'd be happy to hatch as many as you like if you want them straight run day old - send me a PM and we can hammer out details.

On request though is that i'd like to hear how they end up. We are taking notes on each combination - so any feedback on how these end up would be great.

Where are you in Mableton?

Thanks for taking the time to chat! Here's what I found the Black Stars to look like. Just thought you, and anyone else, might be interested. I'm so excited to get the chicks!! Should be great starters for our family!

Thanks for taking the time to chat! Here's what I found the Black Stars to look like. Just thought you, and anyone else, might be interested. I'm so excited to get the chicks!! Should be great starters for our family!
I'm going to shoot for 12 to 14 eggs, so hopefully we end up with at least 10 chicks. It will be fun to see how both the Roo's and hens turn out. One thing I am learning is that there are a bunch of attributes that you look for, not just the look. Things like disposition, good forager/free ranger, hardy layer (lay in winter), look/pretty bird, good with the other birds. Thanks for posting the Black star photo.

Back
Top Bottom