Georgia Here Too !!!!!

Quote:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the blood rings mean they were developing fine, right?
hu.gif

Quote:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the blood rings mean they were developing fine, right?
hu.gif

Well, silkiechicken showed me pics of his bloodrings and mine looked like them, he told me that they were bad. I'm a beginner at the chicken thing, so I didn't know if they were good or not.

Hi, I am new to BYC and to GA. I have been here since July and my husband has just moved here. We were in CA before.
We live in Candler Co. about 1+ hour west of Savannah. We bought 18 acres where I want to raise pastured layers and meat chickens. Right now I have 5 RIR hens & 1 rooster and last Sat I bought 8 black australorps. Most hens are laying but some of the australorps lay out in the yard I have for them.
We hhave raised chickens before when we were in IN but now we are starting life over again after managing ranches out in CA. I am looking for to learning more from all of you. Things & ways have changed some through the years.
MaryKay

I was born and raised in Thomasville Ga. Lived there until I went into the Air Force. My parents still live there. I have family in and around Pearson GA and the North Georgia mountains.

Hey all you Georgians, when I first posted this I was beguinning to wonder if there were any of us around here. I am in Millen.......inbetween Augusta and Statesboro. I grew up in Decatur Ga, then went to Lawrenceville, then Auburn Ga. Now married and settled here with too many of everything to count...lol. I have 2 grown sons 1 in Stockbridge he and his wife are fixing to give me #4 any day now for them. So they have 1 girl 4, 1 boy 8 and 1 boy 3 and the newest is a boy also.....My youngest and his wife are in Lawrenceville Ga and just had their first a little precious girl.....gotta love them grands......welcome all. Leslie

Hi Leslie,
You are not far from me. Millen is just up the road north of Metter and I am 10 miles west of Metter just off the I 16 & Hwy. 57.
For now I am "MOM" to 5 RIR hens, 1 RIR rooster and 8 Black Australorp hens, 2 dogs (1 belongs to daughter in Bahrain in Navy) 8 grown kids, 91/4 grandkids and seveals thousands of bait/composting worms.

Another lurker unlurks.

I'm a not-yet-chicken-owner in Bulloch County.. Currently I have a large dog, a garden, a beehive, and a husband, but no chickens...yet. If any of you have suggestions for this part of the country (breeder who sell pullets or coops) I'm all ears... I'm just wanting two or three hens for a few eggs, and for the fun of it all.

ChickengirlNM -- I'm a transplant the other way, and while I love the folks here, miss NM -- especially good green chile!

SoGal in Statesboro

Hey SoCal, I am not far from you and I have alot of babies hatching, so when ever you get ready for some chickens let me know.
Leslie

Back
Top Bottom