Georgia Here Too !!!!!

Hey y'all. I'm in the NE corner of Meriwether Co. kinda between Haralson & Alvaton, even though my mailing address is Senoia, which is Coweta Co.

I've had chickens since about May '08. I've got a mix. Hens: 4 Buff Orp.s, 3 RIRs, 2 Brown Leghorns, 2 BR x Games, & 2 Black Australorps.
Roo: 1 Buff Orp that just started to crow 3 days ago.
(he needs a lot of practice)

Hope to raise some chicks as soon as Mr. Roo figures what he's there for.
wink.png

Hi everyone! I'm from Conyers. I see a few Social Circle and Covington people here (I've lived in both of those towns too)!
big_smile.png

I don't have any chickens yet, but I've wanted some for a loooooong time. Looks like my dream is finally going to become a reality! Any recommendations of resources for complete newbies (other than this great site, of course)?

I think I am in love with Buff Orpingtons, but I read somewhere that they are the broodiest of all (and I want chickens for the eggs). Would this be a bad choice for me then?

Hello to fellow Georgians! I new to the area and to the forum. I live in Commerce which is in NE. GA.

I have some RIR/Game mixes, White Leghorns, Easter Eggers. Plan on getting some Ameraucanas, Marans, and Silkies. If anyone has any of these for sell let me know.

Jeff

I'm just south of Griffin in GA! also see u have silkies! I'm looking for some silkie eggs to buy aftar xmas have any of those?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello LAG. I don't have any silkies yet either but plan on getting some early this spring. I've had them before and they have the best temperment of any breed I've had. They are very tame and docile. Good luck on getting yours
smile.png

frow.gif
Howdy and welcome to the forum! I am in Southwest GA in a little town called Arlington. I have silkie's and they have just started laying
celebrate.gif

Bamachicken has them to and she sales them pretty regular. Beautiful birds.......show quality even.

Last edited:
Hey! I'm in Nashville, GA, just southeast of Tifton.

I have a few barred rocks and RIRs so far but that will change DIRECTLY!

WOOT!

Update: I now have a Buff Orp hen and roo, so BO chicks in the future! Yay!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom