Georgia Here Too !!!!!

Hi to all! Im from out in the stix about 20 miles kinda NE of Thomasville Ga. (Right between Thomasville, Meigs and Moultrie, for those who know this area). I have 3 hens and 2 roosters that were given to me. I have no idea what breed they are. I have 12 of their eggs in the incubator and today is day 5 of the waiting. Ugghhh! Its killing me to be this patient! This is also my first hatch so wish me luck!

Im up in the northwest section of Ga, near Rome. Have about 8 chicks,not sure of the breed as they were rescued. Just glad to have them around my barn. Am currently taking care of a chick with a broken leg, stepped on by one of my horses.

Jan

Welcome Lightbread and Janjan! You're gonna love it here! Everyone is so helpful and friendly! We just hatched our first chick Tuesday and today acquired 4 Pekin ducklings. I love this adventure with birds!

Last edited:
O.K., I've done some research and fast talking now I'm back. I've convinced the BF that chickens are a great idea, not just for food, but for insect control. I think I've decided on a mixed bag of chicks from mypetchicken.com, anyone ordered from them? I do have a question for Red Rooster and his band of merry bantams. I read somewhere that flying bantams are quite good for insect control in the garden, doing less veggie damage than other breeds. Any truth there? Also, what does it take to keep a flying bird close to the homestead?

Wow I didn't realize so many people on here were in Georgia!! I've lived here my whole life!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom