Georgia Here Too !!!!!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

Depends on what you consider the "outskirts".

We're just West of Six Flags.

Ah
smile.png
I'm exactly the same distance out from you, but on the other side, in Decatur. I have some friends who just moved away from Austell, though, so I'm very familiar with that area.

Hi! I'm new to the message board. I don't have any chickens (yet!) but I'm hoping for some araucana chicks or eggs. I live in Cherokee county about 3 miles north of Cobb county. I was really surprised by how many people on BYC live in GA!

Hello all... I'm new to BYC but I've been lurking in the backround for a while just reading all the interesting things everyone has to say...and yes I have now caught the fever...I finally talked my husband into letting me have a couple of chickens so hopefully soon I will have a coop and hear the clucking of my chickens (I'm sooo excited) I live in a small town in south west Ga. called Cusseta. So if anyone is from my area just give a yell! and any advise is appreciated.

New member, loving all the information.
Palmetto, Georgia
1dominac, 3 rode island red, 2 sexlinks and now I know I have 6 EE after reading your info.
34 year old mare, bought her when she was 3
20 year old pony
new miniture stud 6 six years old. Leaning manors
pot belly pig 9 years old, no manors.
wink.png

2 guineas
papillion, poodle, 2 stray dogs, 2 cats
4 grandchildren that love gramsfarm.
grams

Hey! I'm in Thomaston,GA. And yes, I love my birds. I have silkies, salmon favorelles and easter egger mixes and mixed bantams - all are bantam size. I have put away the incubators, but was not counting on the hens gonna insist on hatching eggs on their own. I will not take away any of their tiny chicks (they are so tender with them), but if someone would like to adopt some roos, hens, or half-grown chicks, I would love to share.

I would be happy to adopt a couple of hens or chicks but am afraid- would bantams be hopelessly picked on by ordinary-sized hens? I have 2 brahmas, an aurucana, 2 RIRs and a silver-laced wyandotte.

Hey Marcy! Welcome! Farms have always had mixes. Anything new would have to be visible but not accessible to the homebirds for a few days or weeks. (depending on their response to them). I usually have put them in a cage in the pen, or partisioned off a small area of the pen with plastic garden fencing. If you are still interested, what kind did you prefer? You are welcome to e-mail me. I will be at work tonight and tomorrrow night so will not get back to the computer until tuesday evening.

Last edited:
West Cobb County here, just outside the city limits of Marietta at the southwestern foot of Kennesaw Mountain. No chickens yet - we're working out the logistics, and it looks like it'll be a project for the next few months.

Back
Top Bottom