Get UP in the MORNIN'! You're living on a farm so GET UP!

WOW!!
WHAT CAN I SAY THAT HAS NOT BEEN SAID EXCEPT
hmm.png
BOY AM I THANKFULL FOR MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND.

HE WORKS THE AFTERNOON SHIFT AND GET HOME AT 12:30 AM AT THE LATEST. I WORK DRIVING SCHOOL BUS SO I AM UP AT 5:00 AM TO BE OUT OF THE HOUSE BY 6:00. HE GET UP WITH ME AND MAKES COFFEE AND WILL GET ME TOAST IF I ASK,AND STARTS THE CAR.AFTER I LEAVE HE GOES BACK TO BED. I DONT RETURN HOME TILL 9:30 OR 10:00.IF IT HAS BEEN AWFUL COLD HE WILL HAVE ALREADY WATER AND CHECK THE CHICKENS. IF NICE HE WILL DO IT JUST BEFORE I GET THEIR. AT 12:30 -1:00 WE BOTH GO OUT AND DO THE CHORES. CLEAN ROAST.,LAY FESH BEDDING DOWN,CHECK WATER ECT. THEN WHEN I GET BACK FORM MY AFTERNOON RUN I GO OUT TO THE BARN AROUND 6:00 PM AND I FINISH UP FEEDING( WE DO A WET WARM MASH IN THE COLD WINTER MONTHS IN THE EVENIG) ,GATHERING EGGS, FRESHEN UP WATER. HE WILL HAVE FILLED BUCKETS FOR ME BEFOR HE LEFT FOR WORK. I JUST CARRY THEM TO THE BARN AN WATER THE FLOCK. I DONT GET IN TILL 8;00 PM THEN I GET READY TO RELAX FOR A WHILE THEN OFF TO BED BY 9-10:00.
SO ALL I CAN SAY IS I THINK YOU SHOLUD OPEN THE WINDOWS AND REMOVE THE COVERS
AND LET THE COLD WINTER WIND BLOW OVER HIM.
BEING TOGETHER IS A 2 PERSON THING IF ONE PERSON IS CARRYING THE BALL NO MATTER WHAT TIME HE OR SHE GOES TO BED. THE THING IS RESONABLITIY TO EACH OTHER AND TO THE ANIMALS. YOU KNOW THEY SAY WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER IS GOOD FOR THE GOOSE!
OR MAYBE YOU SHOULD HIRE SOME ONE TO DO THE CHORES AND LET HIM PAY FOR IT.
NO MATER HOW YOU CUT IT YOU NEED HELP WITH THINGS AND THAT ALONE SHOULD GET HIM GOING IF NOT MAYBE HE SHOULD DO SOME LAUNDERY,DISHES,CLEANING THE HOUSE, MAKING DINNER ECT.
YOU ARE NOT WONDER WOMEN
gig.gif
OR ARE YOU!!

During the week I get up at 10:15am and today I got up at 11:45.....I feed about 12 and 12. I think feeding early mornings is a person schedule not a need of the animal. eta: the same with my feeding schedule.

Last edited:
I am an early morning person. As an early twentyager, I loved waking up early and having coffee with my Gramps while the rest of the world was asleep. It was then that he and I talked and he shared his life stories with me- and we would watch the sun come up over the Mountain and I miss that so much.

I continued it on- as a mom, it was early hours that I could get my morning shower and personal things done before the kids woke up. Now that they are older, I get my morning stuff done before waking them up for school. I wake my husband up at 5:15, and it aggravates me if he gets up before that. I truly enjoy my quiet hour by myself. We both work days and leave for work at 7:00 and 7:15.
On weekends, I still get up early- creature of habit- and I have my coffee and my quiet time. I do morning chores and get my day going before anyone else is awake. My husband will sleep in until 7 or so.

That said- I turn into a pumpkin between 8 pm and 9 pm. I dont go to bed that early, but I am out of steam. I have night owl friends who ask me to go do things, and they know I won't be out late. In turn, I know that they will not be available for morning coffee or breakfast.

I am thankful that my husband and I are on relatively the same schedule- and that my 'farm' is my backyard because the fear of getting hurt or falling outside with everyone asleep and unaware is a legitimate concern.
(once a stray dog jumped through my screen door and got into a fight with my dog in the kitchen, and I was screaming for my husband to come help me- chairs were knocked over and it was a huge scuffle before I got the stray dog out of the house. My husband never heard me- and he was just sleeping down the hallway in our room. I didnt let that drop for a long time, I could have been being robbed, kidnapped, etc and he was snoozing away).

I dont understand really the posters that say animals will adapt. They will, yes, but it is their nature to rise when the sun comes up, and sleep when the sun goes down. They arent nocturnal. (except my ducks- they like to forage and swim in the moonlight, lol) If you arent feeding them their breakfast until noon, that is only giving them half their days (except in the summer when the sun goes down later)

Im with the "animals dont have clocks" group. Its fine if you want to sleep until noon, no law against that. Animals' clock is the sun, when the sun comes up, they want to eat. If you dont want to feed them until noon, thats your perogative, but dont say that they dont mind, because they do.

I have yet to see anyone dedicated to their animals and their wellbeing, being it hobbiests, or true farmers, that would sleep in and have their animals wait to be fed.

Quote:
I resemble that remark!
lol.png
I spent a lot of time dumping all of those homemade bread ingredients into my big ol' kitchenaid stand mixer so it could do all the work for me. Give me some credit, please!

gig.gif

My DH and I are on different time clocks as well, after all we are on different planets why not clocks !!!
hu.gif

I am the night owl and he is the earlybird.

When was working there were many of nights/mornings we would pass each other in the hall as I said Good Morning as he said Good Night.

I didn't go to bed until 7am this morning. Just got up at 11:45am.
I work best at night. I got ambitious and was cleaning my silkie coops in the basement.
I usually don't feed and water until late morning or afternoon. BUT their feeders are always full. They all have 1 gallon waterer's and I fill with fresh Cold water every evening so they wake up to a nice room temp clean waterer.
Hubby checks on them in the morning and collects eggs for me.
It works out for us.
We've only been married for 7 years and I thought I might finally change to be a morning person but no such luck.
I once told my doctor that it bothered me to be a night owl and he said "the world needs second shifters". That made me feel better. Think about it. You or your loved one have an emergency (heart attack, fill in the blank here) at 2am. You need to call rescue squad, go to ER. Do you really want someone in the middle of the night that is working that shift just because they have no choice even if they are a day person? Or would you like the EMT, Dr or nurse that is working that shift to be at their best because they ARE a night owl ???
My mom used to say I was hard to wake up for kindergarden while my sister wasn't hard to wake at all, and to this day she is the morning person. God forbid I should call her at 8:30pm, she is cranky as all get out, just like I am if she would call me at 8:30am.
When I do have to be some place early and have to set my alarm once I am out and about and see the light of day it feels pretty good. Then about two hours later I begin to fade fast !!!
As hard as I've tried I just can't be a Day person.
Do I feel like I'm missing out on alot, sure but it just isn't in me to change, I've tried.
My father was the same way, Mom nicknamed me Hermanetta !! LOL

Back to OP situation. Could there possibly be a physical cause that your SO has that may need to be addressed? Could he be suffering from Depression?
My DH has narcolepsy, wasn't diagnosed until 5 yrs ago. If he doesn't take his meds every day he will just sit in his chair and watch TV all day, napping of course even with a full nights sleep.
He also has sleep apnea (sp) and uses that mask, air at night. What a world of difference that has made for him.
I guess it paid off for me to get up early for his initial Dr's appointment and go with him. I hightly doubt he would have addressed these issues without my input !!!

Well, better grab another cup of coffee and try to get my day started. It's basically just beginning for me.
BTW 7am in not my normal bedtime, 2 or 3 am but not 7am, I just stayed up late last night, I mean this morning !!!

My husband does the early morning stuff...sometimes letting me sleep in! Then he goes off for eight hours of breaking bolts and twisting wrenches! I think I will start getting up earlier than 7:15 and start helping with morning chores! I do afternoon / evening chores and egg collecting! And he usually locks them up at night!

Is depression maybe a factor here? Have you and he sat down and discussed your "bioload" that requires care? If he ain't gonna, and you don't wanna, time to sell some animals. (or eat them, depending on what kind.)

Can the animals be free fed? If he is left alone with a note that says "Honey, I did not feed this morning. Now that you are awake, can you go feed?" taped to the coffe maker... They won't die if they miss a complete meal for a day, and it might be worth trying just to find out how dedicated he is to a) dodging chores, or b) keeping animals... If you get home and they ain't fed, he will not every be a reliable animal keeping partner, so adjust your plans accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom