Getting 3 Baby Chicks!!!

Bloveschickens

Songster
5 Years
Oct 18, 2014
My Coop
My Coop
So, I wanted to start a thread about my new chicks that I am getting. I am getting 3 chicks either next Wednesday or Friday, the lady at the farm store is not sure which day, but will get back to me.

This is what I ordered:

1 speckled sussex pullet
1 Easter egger pullet
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte pullet

I already have 1 easter egger but have never had a speckled sussex or wyandotte before so I am very excited!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

I am getting my chicks from a local small business micro farm store.

I have all the things I need for the chicks, I will just have to pick up some chick feed and I will be all good.

I am so excited for my second ever batch of chicks and will post pics as soon as I get them!

***I will continue to update this thread as my new babies grow into adults***

D.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
I share in the excitement! This will be our first time getting chickens (week of April 6th is our estimated delivery date), and I feel like a mama hen! LOL
I have been gathering all my brooder stuff since I ordered them in November -
A Brinsea EcoGlow20
5 lb bag of Purina Start n Grow medicated chick food
5 lb bag of chick grit
a quart waterer and feeder
puppy pads (for the first few days until they know what food is)
pine bedding
For my actual brooder it's still a toss up. I have a nice guinea pig cage that is no longer in use that I think will would good for the first 2-3 weeks, but I will need to add cardboard to a couple sides so it isn't so breezy. BUT, I also have a big cardboard box (it's about 18inches wide by 5 ft long). So we'll see :)

I share in the excitement! This will be our first time getting chickens (week of April 6th is our estimated delivery date), and I feel like a mama hen!  LOL  
I have been gathering all my brooder stuff since I ordered them in November -   
A Brinsea EcoGlow20
5 lb bag of Purina Start n Grow medicated chick food
5 lb bag of chick grit
a quart waterer and feeder
puppy pads (for the first few days until they know what food is)
pine bedding
For my actual brooder it's still a toss up.  I have a nice guinea pig cage that is no longer in use that I think will would good for the first 2-3 weeks, but I will need to add cardboard to a couple sides so it isn't so breezy.  BUT, I also have a big cardboard box (it's about 18inches wide by 5 ft long).  So we'll see :)

I use my old guinea pigs cage and cover it up with a blanket so they stay warm inside :) I was using a box but they would scratch up the peepee pads and poo on the cardboard :/

Back
Top Bottom