getting ducks to go inside at night.

itsasmallfarm

Crowing
7 Years
Oct 27, 2016
canada
hello everyone,

right now i have two Swedish ducks at the moment, and am having troubles getting them to go inside at night. (or even the day that is). right now they go outside at around 7 am, and there outside to 9:30 every night. and the issue is they do not go inside at all during that time, (i give them water outside) but they don't eat all day. and they only go inside when ever i go in there pen to put them inside, so far i have only raised chickens before and with in a few days they go inside at the night, these ducks have been outside for over a month and have yet to learn to go inside.

is there any tips for getting them to go inside? also should note they are in a enclosed run so its not predators am worried about its them just not going in to eat.

thanks itsasmallfarm out.

My ducks had the same issue! I picked them up and put them inside to sleep. Do they have free access to their food? If so maybe just give them a scoop in the morning and at night. If they get into the routine of getting fed in the coop every night they will wait for you to feed them inside, Then you can just close the coop.

Back
Top Bottom