Getting eggs in the next couple of days. First time quail hatch.

krstms

MO Hick Chick
10 Years
Sep 23, 2009
Missouri
I cant wait!!!!
wee.gif
I am supposed to be getting 50+ Jumbo browns and 15+ Texas A&Ms in the mail within the next couple of days. It will be my first ever quail hatch (I have never owned quail either) and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or if anyone wanted to join my hatch with me. I'll be setting approx 24 hrs after they arrive so anyone in the ballpark is welcome to join.

Read the posts on the sticky at the top pf the forum. there is a post on Coturnix basics. It reads like a Coturnix Quail for Dummies book. Lots of information that will help you!

Sorry I can't do a hatch along with you, but your jumbo brown, and jumbo whites, should do quite well!

Just follow the incubation and hatching regiment, and...No worries!

Best of luck to you and anyone else that joins in!!

Crap, do to the storm one lady didnt get my eggs sent. Now I'm not sure how to do this since I ordered some from someone else that is coming in any day. I only have one bator and was hoping to get them in together.
he.gif
STUPID STORM- I cant wait for spring!!!!!!!

Thanks Joe, I'm really looking forward to seeing the little buggers hatch. I bet they are tiny.

Quote:
STAGGERED HATCH SHOULD BE NO REAL PROBLEM... SET THE EGGS AS AVAILABLE, I IMAGINE THE DELAY WILL BE MINIMAL? WHEN SET NUMBER 2 ARRIVES ADD THEM, WHEN SET #1 REACHES LOCKDOWN JUST UP THE HUMIDITY AND STOP TURNING SET #1... THE INCREASE IN HUMIDITY FOR SHORT ADDITIONAL TIME SHOULD DO NO HARM TO SET #2

Back
Top Bottom