Getting started on main coop

I wish I could free range but my dogs, hawks, and owls would make short work of free range birds. My dogs are the reason it will have a live stock rated electric fence around it. Plus other neighborhood dogs that come to visit my dogs will surely try to get them. I am covering the run with wildlife netting to deter avian predators.

I wish I could free range but my dogs, hawks, and owls would make short work of free range birds. My dogs are the reason it will have a live stock rated electric fence around it. Plus other neighborhood dogs that come to visit my dogs will surely try to get them. I am covering the run with wildlife netting to deter avian predators.

Only one of my dogs likes to play with chickens, so I just make sure they are lock up when he is running around the yard. We have a TON of hawks, feral cats, coyotes, and owls. But they are locked up during the night, and the dogs seem to keep the others away. This coop is for BOs though, and they aren't the best birds to take care of themselves. lol, So I'll probably build a run.

My dogs developed a taste for bird from the hawks attacking the pigeons from across the street. When they knock the pigeons down in the yard the dogs usually get the hawks prize.

Back
Top Bottom