Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I have a question for you OZ and was directed to this thread for the answer.. I will be flying to Oklahoma from Oregon in June, My sister would like some of my Turkey eggs and will be sending me home with some of her Blue Americana eggs when I return. Since I am flying what are the procedures you go thru in taking hatching eggs on board if that is indeed what you do?

I have a question for you OZ and was directed to this thread for the answer.. I will be flying to Oklahoma from Oregon in June, My sister would like some of my Turkey eggs and will be sending me home with some of her Blue Americana eggs when I return. Since I am flying what are the procedures you go thru in taking hatching eggs on board if that is indeed what you do?
Hi

What I do and what you would do are quite different.

TSA does not have a regulation on carrying on eggs. You should allow extra time to go through security. Tell the first security person you have live eggs that need a visual inspection. Have them packaged well but easily accessable. I like foam inserts for hand carry as it looks professional to the TSA, it makes a statement that they are fragile and it also allows easy access for visual inspection. They will rub the magic cloth strips that they use for laptops on occaision and test for explosive residue,.

Then you are good to go.

got my sportsman back in the game

one of the fans gave up & i had to order a new pair from China

took 14 days but i'm "back in the game"

time to start setting some eggs for spring sales

what are you waiting for?

The chicks were picked up in manila. We did not hear from the others which normally indicats they got the birds.

The egg count is continuing to rise every day but I am selling chicks. We have sold out of Jersey giants and Easter eggers for Feb 22 hatch,
Is this called counting on your chickens before they are hatched?
hide.gif

Scott

Hi

What I do and what you would do are quite different.

TSA does not have a regulation on carrying on eggs. You should allow extra time to go through security. Tell the first security person you have live eggs that need a visual inspection. Have them packaged well but easily accessable. I like foam inserts for hand carry as it looks professional to the TSA, it makes a statement that they are fragile and it also allows easy access for visual inspection. They will rub the magic cloth strips that they use for laptops on occaision and test for explosive residue,.

Then you are good to go.

Good to know... Thanks a lot! I was worried I would go through all the trouble only to have TSA give me a hard time or worse yet, force me to leave the eggs...Which I know they may very well do, I will still call ahead and find out what both the airports here and in Ok may require and good idea on the foam inserts..
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom