Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

That's some pretty money! A local Mexican restaurant has a glass counter at the register that they have taped a lot of money from other countries to the underside of the glass, I love looking at it and seeing the different designs and pictures on it.

Oh, I'm currently researching raising coturnix quail for eggs, for some reason we have a large Asian population but no one raises quail for eggs... strange... anything odd about them I should know? I know you have some out there.
to maximise egg production, corurnix need 14 hours of light per day.

they mature very fast. 1 male - 2 females. they are easy to sex once they reach sexual maturity - they guys have foam on their vent.

for egg production just keep a few males and females together for breeding replacements, otherwise maximize feed conversion by stocking just males.

you cant buy "quail layer mash" so seek out an 18-20% protein feed and supply free choice calcium

Oz, but it's still an experience when you're not used to it. I love watching people abroad, even if they might share quite similar characteristics otherwise, at least the way people dress tends to vary a lot between different places. The way people look, talk or dress is just as much part of the fun, just like trying new food and all of the other things. Truth be told, I'm usually most excited about the food.

Oz, but it's still an experience when you're not used to it. I love watching people abroad, even if they might share quite similar characteristics otherwise, at least the way people dress tends to vary a lot between different places. The way people look, talk or dress is just as much part of the fun, just like trying new food and all of the other things. Truth be told, I'm usually most excited about the food.
yes there will be differences but i dont think that they will be overwhelmed

we do all we can to get thme into new experiences

Yeah, I don't think they will be overwhelmed either, more amazed perhaps. The climate difference will be an interesting experience too.

When I was a kid growing up in St. Louis MO we were used to lots of snow every winter. One year some family friends from South Africa came to visit. Their kids had never seen snow. It was so much fun to play with them as it was like we were seeing it for the first time too. Good memories.

Heat is the thing I can't get used to. 80F about as high as I find comfortable, above that I'm just sweating like crazy. Last summer we spent a week in Italy, the coldest temps were around 100F. I don't know if I could get used to that. And I don't think I've ever experienced anything above 110F outside a sauna.

Heat is the thing I can't get used to. 80F about as high as I find comfortable, above that I'm just sweating like crazy. Last summer we spent a week in Italy, the coldest temps were around 100F. I don't know if I could get used to that. And I don't think I've ever experienced anything above 110F outside a sauna.

My niece from the phils loved coming to america in April because they even had the aircon outside.

Provided we continue to live in SoCal we wont really have the cold much. Our kids love it when the aircon is cooling the room to 65F.

Toni is just 5. Enzo 3.75. They have swum with whale sharks, climbed into caves, ridden almost every type of transport imaginable, stayed in accommadation from 5 star resorts down to thatched roof huts and eaten foods from accross the globe. They thrive on new experiences.

The issues will more likely be loss of family and friends. The are constantly being entertained by or in turn entertaining a constant flow of titas and titos, cousins and grand parents.

Yeah, families interact a lot more in the Philippines, I would assume. That's another big difference. Although, nothing compared to what it would be like here. Here, two colleagues having lunch together would probably have the following conversation:

"Hi!"
"Hi."

- 20 minutes of silence pass -

"Well, I've got to get back to work."
"Yeah, me too. Same time tomorrow?"
"Sure."

You think I'm kidding, but seriously, I'm not.

Yeah, families interact a lot more in the Philippines, I would assume. That's another big difference. Although, nothing compared to what it would be like here. Here, two colleagues having lunch together would probably have the following conversation:

"Hi!"
"Hi."

- 20 minutes of silence pass -

"Well, I've got to get back to work."
"Yeah, me too. Same time tomorrow?"
"Sure."

You think I'm kidding, but seriously, I'm not.
I used to do odd jobes for an older Finn in the UP of MI. He could spend 1 hour at a bar and buy us 2 beers to drink, and say about 10 words past 'one more please'.
I thought that he didn't much care for me or something like that.
Scott

Last night I received a text saying that a customer wanted two of the heaviest pigletsbut he wanted then for a cheaper price.

My response was to tell the guy to buy the piglets he can afford.

He paid the list price lol.

The semen delivery arrived in Bacolod late yesterday. It was put on the bus and Ompoy has it. The two girls should be ready to AI by morning.

One boar is large white, and the other is duroc

Back
Top Bottom