Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Since I am putting the JD up Here are the benefits side Work Hours, Salary and Benefits Normal work Hours
o Start time is 0600
o Breaks are
o 0730 - 0830
o 1030 - 1045
o 1230 - 1430
o 1530 - 1545
During animal birth periods, times will vary according to animal needs. Salary shall be paid in accordance with The Philippines Labor Code, Presidential Decree 224, as amended and the Bureau of Labor, Employment and Statistics, Department of Labor and Employment (Latest publication May 11, 2015) Salary · XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (I dont publish salary here but its well above min wage and competitive with starting post degree job) · Where an employee is made or permitted to work on his scheduled rest day, he shall be paid an additional compensation of at least thirty percent (30%) of his regular wage. An employee shall be entitled to such additional compensation for work performed on Sunday only when it is his established rest day. · When the nature of the work of the employee is such that he has no regular workdays and no regular rest days can be scheduled, he shall be paid an additional compensation of at least thirty percent (30%) of his regular wage for work performed on Sundays and holidays. · Work performed on any special holiday shall be paid an additional compensation of at least thirty percent (30%) of the regular wage of the employee. Where such holiday work falls on the employee’s scheduled rest day, he shall be entitled to an additional compensation of at least fifty per cent (50%) of his regular wage.

Salary will be evaluated quarterly. Merit increases will occur up to 10% annually at the employer's discretion.

Scheduled Day Off
The Agricultural Technician will receive 24 consecutive hours off every week, normally on alternative Saturday, Sunday or Official Holiday and subject to change or alteration based on the birthing of animals, animal sickness and employee special requests.

Official Holidays are

[TR] · New Year’s Day · The first of May · The thirtieth of December [/TR] [TR] · Maundy Thursday · The twelfth of June · The twenty-fifth of December [/TR] [TR] · Good Friday · The fourth of July · The day designated by law for holding a general election. [/TR] [TR] · The ninth of April · The thirtieth of November

[/TR]

The employer will attempt to schedule days off on holidays but due to the limited amount of employees, the holidays will be divided. Additionally, The 1st of November will be included in the special day off designation.

Employees will have either November 1 or January 1 off, based on preference of the senior employee.
Pay Day and Location

The work week shall commence on Monday and conclude Sunday. To allow calculation for incidentals, overtime and bonuses, pay will be available on the farm by on or before 5pm on the Sunday immediately following the work week.

Vacation

The employee, once employed for a calendar year, will be entitled to five days paid vacation at a time agreeable to employer and employee.
Thirteenth Month Pay Thirteenth month pay will be paid on or before the 24[SUP]th[/SUP] of December each year. The 13[SUP]th[/SUP] month pay is computed based on 1/12 of the total basic salary of an employee received within a calendar year. Benefits The Employer will contribute to the Social Security System and Philhealth. The employee share will be met as a payroll deduction. Housing and Housing Rules As a "stay-in" position, the employee will be provided free of charge with basic housing including water and power for the employee. The employee is entitled to use power for LED room lighting, a stand fan, a small television, radio and phone chargers. All other electrical items must be agreed upon by employer. A salary deduction of 50 pesos per week will be deducted from the employee's salary for any a spouse staying in the premises provided that the arrangement is pre-approved. Housing must be maintained by employees. Minor repairs are to be done immediately.General wear and tear is acceptable but damages to housing will be deducted from salary. All water leaks must be reported and/or repaired immediately. Unless at employer sponsored events, the consumption of alcohol on the premises is strictly prohibited. There are to be no visitors without pre-approved consent within the farm area. Bonuses As a performance, productivity and retention incentive, the employee will qualify for a bi-annual rolling bonus based on farm sales. The Bonus will be paid as follows:
  • 1.5% of the net sale price of all farm sales to be included in the paycheck following delivery.
  • 1.5% of the net sale price will be accumulated and paid on the first pay check in July provided that employee is gainfully employed with employer
  • 1.5% of the net sale price will be paid on the last pay check in December provided that employee is gainfully employed with employer
Net sale price is based on cash collection following deduction of the costs of advertising, transportation, permits and fees to complete the sale Bonuses will be reduced if lack of diligence causes greater than industry average livestock losses. An example of this would be loss of live birth piglets crushed by the sow during the first week. Errors in shipping caused by employees resulting in income losses will be deducted from bonuses The employer reserves to modify bonus program without warning and at any time. These changes will not effect accruals. As a non-domestic worker, there are no meal provisions as benefits unless the employee is traveling away from the farm for work related duties and/or mandatory training. The employee, with participation in maintenance of vegetable gardens and fruit trees is entitled to his/her fair share of fruits and vegetables for consumption by him and his pre-approved immediate family living on premises. No farm livestock or products are to be slaughtered or consumed without permission. Ducks and duck eggs are available for consumption provided that a minimum of twenty female and 5 males per breed are maintained. No produce or animal products are to be taken off the farm. Education and Training From time to time, there will be mandatory seminars requiring travel and lodging. All fees, fares and expenses asocciated with travel will be shouldered by the employer in accordance with Travel Expenses Policy and Procedure. Following the fourth month of employment, the employer will provide up to PhP3,000 in expenses and 3 paid days annually for training seminars not considered mandatory. Approval of the program must be requested and approved in advance.
I'm only really commenting on this as I have worked on Aussie farms. so do I get it right... 5 days off a year in holidays, a few days off for what seems like public holidays, very long days but seems like quite a few breaks during the day. Do they get sick days? 1 Day off a week? but better than award wages as such. They have to maintain there own accommodation if they live on the farm. Just trying to get my head around the differences.

yesss.gif

4th egg has pipped!

A couple months ago I was reading a renovation blog. She got chickens to help with compost. She said they liked to scratch and poop which helped the compost compost faster. I have tons of unwanted badly composted compost.

So I ordered 24 eggs from the feed store and built an incubator. We were the first to actually order eggs from there. Everyone else seems to order day old chicks. We had a week to build an incubator. We built one out of an old cabinet.

Yesterday I was feeling rather bummed out because I was seeing no signs of life. My son suggested candling so I tried and saw a chick moving! So eggciting! Right after we saw 2 eggs rocking. Today, day 21, 4 eggs have pipped.

While researching how to build an incubator I found this thread. It took a while but I read it from the beginning. I only registered a few days ago.

Good luck on finding a new employee. I'd love to but I like to drink and I couldn't climb a coconut tree for the life of me. I also hate the heat. Good thing since I live in Quebec lol

Catherine

4th egg has pipped!

A couple months ago I was reading a renovation blog. She got chickens to help with compost. She said they liked to scratch and poop which helped the compost compost faster. I have tons of unwanted badly composted compost.

So I ordered 24 eggs from the feed store and built an incubator. We were the first to actually order eggs from there. Everyone else seems to order day old chicks. We had a week to build an incubator. We built one out of an old cabinet.

Yesterday I was feeling rather bummed out because I was seeing no signs of life. My son suggested candling so I tried and saw a chick moving! So eggciting! Right after we saw 2 eggs rocking. Today, day 21, 4 eggs have pipped.

While researching how to build an incubator I found this thread. It took a while but I read it from the beginning. I only registered a few days ago.

Good luck on finding a new employee. I'd love to but I like to drink and I couldn't climb a coconut tree for the life of me. I also hate the heat. Good thing since I live in Quebec lol

Catherine

What a thread to cut your teeth on!
lol.png
Congrats on the pips. You're jumping in head first!

Back
Top Bottom