Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I have caught up! Been on a chicken hiatus
Due to my dogs going on a killing spree. Of course it was right after I posted how good they were with them. Most of my blues were taken, my royal palm hen, a cuckoo Maran and my 1 special CLR hen :-( I have been depressed about it for days and not sure what to do at this point. I am tired.
oh Hill!!! What happened???? all I can offer is serama until my CCL get a tad bigger : ( My WFS are egg eaters and I am dealing with that issue, which nothing is working

oh Hill!!! What happened???? all I can offer is serama until my CCL get a tad bigger : ( My WFS are egg eaters and I am dealing with that issue, which nothing is working
I have heard that an egg filled with mustard is supposed to break egg eaters. Or golf balls, wooden or ceramic eggs left in nest as well. I don't know if either method works, I have never had an egg eater.

Quote: Thanks, and I dont wish them on anyone! We have done the mustard eggs, they ate them, they love hot pepper too, they throw the golf balls out of the coop don't ask me how, A few days ago I added three white ceramic eggs I purchased off ebay, one was thrown out the others stayed, I cleaned the one back up and put it back in a nest box, I am happy to say that after one month of egg eating and three days after adding ceramics I got an egg a half hour ago! nestled right in with the ceramic!! so fingers crossed!!! AT least they are healthy right??? DOH !!

Last edited:
Quote: How do you fix/stop egg eating hens and have them still alive? Grandpa just killed any bird he found breaking eggs.

Scott
TRust me Scott if they weren't awesome chickens I would have eaten them months ago!

its my WFS and Spitz!

DONT THEY LOOK GUILTY the turds!!

Back
Top Bottom