Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

LOL.. funny auto-correct!

Quick question.... I just set my first ever eggs in an incubator on Saturday. There is an automatic turner, and temps are staying right between 99 & 100*F. Humidity is 22-25%. Do I need to rotate the eggs to different spots or just leave them? I plan on candling at 7 days, so will probably rotate around then and candling around day 12, and at lockdown.... ... Just wasn't sure if I needed to before that, and more often?
If your bator has a fan you shouldn't need to rotate. However I'm still a novice at hatching so I'll let the Great and Powerful Oz or one of the other Chicken Masters to chime in.
wink.png

If there are no warm/cold spots, there is no need to shuffle their position in the turner. However, even if the temperature is the same throughout, it would be a good idea to turn them 90 degrees in their turner holes every few days (turn from 12:00 to 3:00, then back to 12:00 etc.) as the turners only turn the eggs in one plane.

BTW I'm extremely happy to hear Bernie will be staying on at CocoBeach in some capacity. :clap

We are all pleased. He will be able to transition his replacement.

Aljay it's very keen to continue. He spent part of yesterday completing his requirements to enroll on school. He will get the Android this week as well as the laptop.

Alfred was given his notice. He will work until the fifth. Bernie will take the week off between the first and the sixth and return for work on the seventh.

We are all pleased. He will be able to transition his replacement.

Aljay it's very keen to continue. He spent part of yesterday completing his requirements to enroll on school. He will get the Android this week as well as the laptop.

Alfred was given his notice. He will work until the fifth. Bernie will take the week off between the first and the sixth and return for work on the seventh.

i love it when a plan comes together

Dominic and Ging will come to CocoBeach today to talk about the job offering.

Hopefully Dominic can start tomorrow and his wife follow on the first.

When Ging was here last I lost eighty pounds. Her cooking was pretty basic lol. This time around one of the nannies will take over mentoring her culinary skills.

Back
Top Bottom