Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I taught dominic to use the welder yesterday evening. By 9am he had whipped up two gates. The guy ida great even given guidance and opportunity
Gotta LOVE Dominic!!

Strange how these things come about.

And maybe he realizes he is on to a good thing with regular salary and benefits!

Mrs Oz reckons they will be in it for the long haul this time.

Ging was the reason they left and she regretted it pretty quickly. All of them have gone from skinny to beefy. The kids are settled in at the local school and ging is going to have her baby here.

Dominic and I have a massive communication barrier but Mrs Oz is helping.

I am toying with the idea of bringing on a manager that can market as well. There are loads of "Agri-fests" that we can market birds at. It would be great to have somebody to attend them.

We shall see how the next few months pan out

The only computer games we have in our house are the Let's Dance series for Wii and memory games on the kids tablets.

Once we had scrabble on a pc but after I spent a whole night playing and had to go to work the next day I decided to not have it available to my addictive personality.

I should finish the upgrade to the hatcher-bator today. The guys are pretty-ing the garden for Sunday.

Tomorrow we need to drop $400 on a new air conditioner as the aluminium fins on the one in our current bedroom unit have corroded away.
LOL you sound like me, I had to delete FB Words with Friends! plus I was told I cheat ha ha ha

Phage hit the answer perfectly.

I will base my business model on scale and quality along with adaptability.

If my chickens spread all over the Philippines then great. If I am the one to sell them then its a bonus.

The good thing about surplus inventory is it tastes good

We are building a three level brooder frame to slide in six brooders of a modified Ohio style warming area. I will be teaching Dominic to use a jointer and thickness planer as we mill down some rough sawn hardwoods.

I have to then assemble the new 600 egg bator, install the air conditioner, sort more chickens and some plumbing and electrical repairs before the end of the week.

Exit Wysan.

No reason. He just quit.

Apparently there is a "white lady" (ghost) that haunts the room he was staying in. That was the reason his cousin Ibu gave for leaving. He was fine till he went home last weekend. He must have come across his cousin.

Oh well.

Next.

Exit Wysan.

No reason. He just quit.

Apparently there is a "white lady" (ghost) that haunts the room he was staying in. That was the reason his cousin Ibu gave for leaving. He was fine till he went home last weekend. He must have come across his cousin.

Oh well.

Next.
Sorry, hope the next one stays....for a much longer time (like years, but that's really wishful thinking from the sounds of things) Good luck on your hunt.

Thanks. There is no panic to replace him just yet. Most heavy stuff is completed for a while.

The next three to four weeks will just be maintenance of the property like feeding the pigs and poultry and keeping plants alive. Dominic can easily handle it.

I will have Mrs Oz dig around her friends to see if there is a relative of one of their gardener that may be interested.

Back
Top Bottom