Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I Hope you are pinoning now. or before you come home. Not a fan but if it must be done do it early.

deb
I am not a fan either. I may chicken ( or guinea out lol) out.

If I was there it would be no problem, but I would hate for Bernie to lose something in translation and kill the birds.

I may just clip a wing when I first let them out to free range and train them with a bell to come home for a feed.

We shall see...........

How much of that can you fit into your golf bag, and would you be willing to sell it state side?

Scott (who is running out of the good bird netting.)
let me see how big a roll is. I come back empty so it will fit. I just need to see how much it would cost to get to you. I also have to make sure US customs dont think its commercial quantities.

Hi Oz and all

Great to hear about all your plans and successes.

I am expanding here- just picked up 5 dozen eggs
from mate who is a big breeder in Gippsland.
- Silkies, Frizzles, Pekins, Hamburgs, Speckled & Light Sussex, and White Leghorn.

Two incubators now full and all steam ahead!

Also picked up a White Leghorn and a Pekin rooster.
So have breeding trios of those now too.

I must be mad! - I already have more than 80 chooks!

Cheers M

Hi Oz and all

Great to hear about all your plans and successes.

I am expanding here- just picked up 5 dozen eggs
from mate who is a big breeder in Gippsland.
- Silkies, Frizzles, Pekins, Hamburgs, Speckled & Light Sussex, and White Leghorn.

Two incubators now full and all steam ahead!

Also picked up a White Leghorn and a Pekin rooster.
So have breeding trios of those now too.

I must be mad! - I already have more than 80 chooks!

Cheers M
YOU BETTER GET THE CHICKEN MATH CALCULATOR OUT

Wow! I take off a couple of days and came back to 81 postings to catch up on. Whew! Great pics Oz. Your flock looks nice and happy. The keets look great too. I've found that guinea keets are actually hardy little buggers. Much more so than chicks. And they grow very FAST! I raised six with some chicks, hatched them together, and within 3 weeks they were almost twice the size of the chicks. I have 27 keets in the brooder now that are about 4 weeks old and they are huge! If I didn't know for sure that they are only about a month old I'd be thinking about integrating them just because of their size.

Here's hoping that the peafowl, and turkeys do just as well.
thumbsup.gif

Wow! I take off a couple of days and came back to 81 postings to catch up on. Whew! Great pics Oz. Your flock looks nice and happy. The keets look great too. I've found that guinea keets are actually hardy little buggers. Much more so than chicks. And they grow very FAST! I raised six with some chicks, hatched them together, and within 3 weeks they were almost twice the size of the chicks. I have 27 keets in the brooder now that are about 4 weeks old and they are huge! If I didn't know for sure that they are only about a month old I'd be thinking about integrating them just because of their size.

Here's hoping that the peafowl, and turkeys do just as well.
thumbsup.gif

We had a Eastern Wild turkey pip on day 26 that then did nothing for 24 hrs. I had Bernie chisel it out this morning. Its alive and getting some energy in the brooder. Hoping for some more of course.

Day 27 is underway. Lets get going duckies!!

Back
Top Bottom