Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

The quail gave me a scare overnight. At 1 am I received a whatsapp message that a few of the quail had wet poop.

Out came the Amprolium, Dimethox and the digital gram scale as Analou prepared a gallon of medicated water for them.

They are all looking well 16 hours later so we probably survived that scare.

We are going to weigh the pigs today to see how they are doing. I am looking forward to the results.

I am still annoyed that the buff orp I thought was a roo turned out to be a hen. We all want pullets but not ALL pullets. I am going to have to modify my parayers to the chicken god.

In the meantime, I am praying that teen age buff bird gets his crow on. I have added Buff Orps to the must haves for the next delivery.

The chicks in the brooder are two weeks old now. Their light goes off during the day. In a week they will be turfed to their grow out coop.

The goats are doing their thing and it looks like Caprino is doing his thing. We may have some half Nubians in a few months. I will continue to pray to the goat gods for all doelings.

Glad to hear the quail seem to be on the mend. What a blessing it is to have Bernie so on top of things that he notices the first signs of things being amiss.
And yay, goats! LOL!

Glad to hear the quail seem to be on the mend. What a blessing it is to have Bernie so on top of things that he notices the first signs of things being amiss.
And yay, goats! LOL!
Yes Bernie is the filipino chicken phenom. He has a great affinity with animals.

I try to think about it from his perspective. He has a crazy boss with crazy ideas but the boss is amusing

The quail gave me a scare overnight. At 1 am I received a whatsapp message that a few of the quail had wet poop.

Out came the Amprolium, Dimethox and the digital gram scale as Analou prepared a gallon of medicated water for them.

They are all looking well 16 hours later so we probably survived that scare.

We are going to weigh the pigs today to see how they are doing. I am looking forward to the results.

I am still annoyed that the buff orp I thought was a roo turned out to be a hen. We all want pullets but not ALL pullets. I am going to have to modify my parayers to the chicken god.

In the meantime, I am praying that teen age buff bird gets his crow on. I have added Buff Orps to the must haves for the next delivery.

The chicks in the brooder are two weeks old now. Their light goes off during the day. In a week they will be turfed to their grow out coop.

The goats are doing their thing and it looks like Caprino is doing his thing. We may have some half Nubians in a few months. I will continue to pray to the goat gods for all doelings.
only you would be annoyed that a roo is in fact a hen! LMAO!!

you give them both the dimeth and amprol?

only you would be annoyed that a roo is in fact a hen! LMAO!!

you give them both the dimeth and amprol?
yes you can laugh sally sunshine
old.gif
but no buff roo puts back my breeding program 6-9 months. i cant go on facebook and get a replacement roo. I have to locate eggs, wait till next trip, deal with importation, pray they hatch and wait till they reach sexual maturity.in the mean time I have to visualise the 300+ buff orp eggs laid that will become mutts or omlettes

i tend to hit hard and cover all bases after the carnage from last batch of quail.

So i'm envisioning Bernie typing a message in his native language and google translate coming up wet quail poop….. :)

I'd trade for that boss any day! :)
Analou, Bernies wife has three years of college taught in English. Fortunately wet poop comes over as wet poop. "some quail have wet poo" was the exact text lol

yes you can laugh sally sunshine
old.gif
but no buff roo puts back my breeding program 6-9 months. i cant go on facebook and get a replacement roo. I have to locate eggs, wait till next trip, deal with importation, pray they hatch and wait till they reach sexual maturity.in the mean time I have to visualise the 300+ buff orp eggs laid that will become mutts or omlettes

i tend to hit hard and cover all bases after the carnage from last batch of quail.

Well, you can always see what Mr. Handsome Bresse can do to those girls, while you wait for a prince charming to get old enough to do his thing.

Back
Top Bottom